Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerseys - patches - artwork general discussion thread thread

Jerseys - patches - artwork general discussion thread thread

Any volunteers to do some image work?

I know you guys got some patches, but nothing is stopping us from developing some new art. I like the whole "Great AO Crusade" theme, and if we aren't going to make LL7 specific jerseys then maybe patches, a banner or stickers using it would be sweet.

Jerseys
    We should work on the new jerseys. Lets make it a general usage AO jersey with a new design. This way, people can buy it even if they don't want to come to LL7.

Having dealt with most of the jersey manufacturers, I will insist that we use Raza. BEO-Mafia is one of the Topgun home teams and as such we get a quasi sponsorship discount thingy. Plus the service and quality there is outstanding. Jim from Topgun as a lot of pull with them also which wouldn't hurt.

I am thinking that we MIGHT be able to get some people to help reduce the price if we sold some add space on them. For example: I could kick in a few bucks towards the overall bill and in exchange get a spot with "BigEvilOnline.com" somewhere on the jersey. We have a few 'regulars' who we could hit up.

Is there anyone willing to volunteer their services to help develop the art for these? Let's find someone and go from there.

i like this. though i suck at art, an AO design on the front(the Lions, AO honeycomb, whatever), with numbers and name on the back. i do like the chance for teams to buy in for a support members patch on the jersey. it shows that we might be separate people/teams but we can come together for this.

I thought we would be using the ao army concept?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    We are, .. perhaps I was unclear.

we only have 1 logo drawn up and I want people to make some more so we can vote

I do have a nifty hex pattern photoed up though

we only have 1 logo drawn up and I want people to make some more so we can vote

I do have a nifty hex pattern photoed up though

That is pretty sweet.

I'm game to kick in some dough in exchange for some SSP space

I'm glad you guys like it. Its 5 layers of HOLY CRAP that ended up looking like that

that might be from me. i am unfamiliar with the AO Army jersey/pattern, so by me saying going for the Lions and such, got off track. i just like the idea for everyone to not only approve the concept but allow people that wish to contribute more like BEO, SSP, to have a chance to show thay they not only are the community but support it as well.

there is no AO army jersey yet, I can edit pictures to no end but cannot do jerseys at all. need help...

on a brighter note... PATCHES ARE IN!
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...my-Swag-Thread

there is no AO army jersey yet, I can edit pictures to no end but cannot do jerseys at all. need help...

on a brighter note... PATCHES ARE IN!
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...my-Swag-Thread
    two please. how much?

On the Jersey idea, what are we looking at as far as colors? I mean, does it really have to be 80's style black with neon green and purple? I'm actually a bigger fan of camo when playing paintball, but even the current AO:2013 forum colors (gray, orange, purple-slate) are better looking IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    On the Jersey idea, what are we looking at as far as colors? I mean, does it really have to be 80's style black with neon green and purple? I'm actually a bigger fan of camo when playing paintball, but even the current AO:2013 forum colors (gray, orange, purple-slate) are better looking IMO.
    that would be my vote for a color style, with some camo

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I like the idea of using the forum colors.

Well just spit balling here but the "Great AO Crusade" idea (and not just for Living Legends) could work just something i did in a few min with a hockey jersey template.

Opinions welcome. Maybe add a circle on the back for the number.

just a quick "I will not wear a white jersey for woodsball" post...

agreed

I'm crazy enough to do it

If you want to keep the Crusader theme, then make the bulk of the jersey a gray/silver color with a plate or chainmail pattern (I swear I've seen that done before) and then run the purple/slate down the sleeves (breaking off at the forearm into the AO hexagons), leaving the forumOrange color for accents and highlights, and name/numbers.

Tunic color could change to green or any other color while using the hexagon patterns for the chain mail. Looking like a crusader with out trying to go to far and keeping with the AO pattern better.

I think someone ought to make a cammo pattern out of Tom's face....
    VENGEANCE PAINTBALL DISTRIBUTORS
    X.O. INDUSTRIES PAINTBALLS

Mustache camo... hmm

^ HAHA I'd definitely be in for one. Or a TK t-shirt like the Chive Bill Murray shirt.

On a side note... back to patches for a second.

What do you guys think of a mil-sim style patch? Same design as the first, but muted colors. This might also appease the people who are against the "communist" feel of the original colors. Keep in mind that the min qty is 100 units. We can split it into 50 velcro, and 50 iron on, but the total has to be a min of 100. So I'd need to be sure I could move both styles of patches before I can invest more into this.

That looks pretty nice.

Although to be honest I don't really see the communist angle in there, for me it would need to be red star on green background in order to give the communist vibe, or with yellow border inserted with sickle and hammer in appropriate amount. like so

I'd be in for 2

Quote Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post
    ^ HAHA I'd definitely be in for one. Or a TK t-shirt like the Chive Bill Murray shirt.

What do you guys think of a mil-sim style patch? Same design as the first, but muted colors. This might also appease the people who are against the "communist" feel of the original colors. Keep in mind that the min qty is 100 units. We can split it into 50 velcro, and 50 iron on, but the total has to be a min of 100. So I'd need to be sure I could move both styles of patches before I can invest more into this.

i would be in for two for sure.

I would def be down for 2 of these
    Just food for thought ( my experience & opinion combined) :
    I used to where an "EVIL" jersey ,with red "E" symbols on each shoulder,.........
    Do you know how many times Ive been shouted at for being shot ? (PLAYER,..YOUR HIT ON SHOULDER !) No joke seriously ! and by refs once & awhile too (until they walk up on you to inspect )
    In the heat of the game , nobody wants to stop ,walk off ,or talk about why your not hit there ,right ?
    Anything on your jersey of bright ,neon, green ,red , pink ,yellow type colors, in a splat like or small circle like pattern (patch and/or embroidered ) just keep in mind , your probability of getting a false call-out ,has just increased,....ALOT ! trust me .I stopped wearing that jersey cuz of it & yet really like it

But on the flip side , i REALLY like the way they look ,with the star RED
    I'm just thinking as FAR as all around functionality ,.......i goin with the MIL-SIM patch for the win

What do you guys think of a mil-sim style patch?
    I'd be in for that one for sure. Velcro pre-applied would be even better.

Does anyone have a good jersey template?

Animal customs has a crappy one