Thread: "Event Committee" - if you want on, please post here

"Event Committee" - if you want on, please post here

Gentleman,

I know some of you wanted to help out with this undertaking. Please post up here and so we can get moving.

I am willing to help, but would like to wait and see where I'm needed.

Ill help with anything as long as fluffer isn't in the job title

Damnit I'm not helping if BTAutoMag isn't fluffing....
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

No this is not gonna be like last time!

I will volunteer my time for logging recon
    (Unless a local wants to do the actual location verification,... Then I will do the remote recon work)

Or

Something else that's needed

Any hotels are legit except for the motel 6 off I-80

Wonder if we start reserving when date is known if we can get better deals as group, someone call ll6 producers and demand dates

Quote Originally Posted by Psycario View Post
    Wonder if we start reserving when date is known if we can get better deals as group, someone call ll6 producers and demand dates

I have a few emails out already. They are still working on it.

I am also working on a group registration and paint deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I have a few emails out already. They are still working on it.

I am also working on a group registration and paint deal.
    You are the hombre!

I'm not volunteering anything, but I have an idea.

Here's something to test. (All of this is reversible; you can go back and turn it all off after it's all said and done. If you're paranoid, you can just create a specific google account for this purpose.)

Go into Google Maps->Latitude and enable your location sharing/reporting.

Then add each other as friends.

The AO Army would now be able to know where everyone else is and know where to mass up. Realtime battlefield status.

Probably also need to maintain some level of trust with people you're sharing the location info with (i.e. don't share your location info with people on the other team).

I don't know if the app will report while in the background, but it's worth a shot. There may be alternatives, but this seems to be the lowest barrier to entry.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

I have a life 360 app for that

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I have a life 360 app for that
    Lowest barrier to entry.

There is additional functionality in Google Maps that may be useful, for instance creating custom maps with waypoints, etc. I tend to get lost at big games, so I would put together a google map which indicates the different points of interest, like "Bedlam", "Armageddon", and "Restrooms".

You can also draw shapes and lines, so you can border the zones and also indicate suggested paths. Things can be separated by layers, etc. I started drawing up a custom map for CPX Sports.

Incidentally, where exactly are the restrooms?

Historically, the date for LL is the weekend before Memorial day weekend. LL IV had it on Memorial Day weekend, and while it was cool to recognize all the service members in attendance, it was very hot and I think they had a lot of feedback from players who couldn't make it because of other plans. I'd put money on May 16-18 in 2014. Area hotels do offer a special rate for attendees of LL; you just have to ask for it when you make your reservation. The only paint deal I'm aware of is if you buy a skid at a time (30 cases?). The system CPX uses to register players would allow individuals to register and indicate their team name, and subsequently be placed on the same team. This may not be an issue for us, but this year I noticed that when a group of people all registered at the same time (say you collected money from a few friends and you were all on the same transaction) they all had to be in line together to pick up their player badges, etc. The line for registration for per-registered players was the only negative I took away from the event; it seriously took me about 45 minutes-hour to get to the counter, and that's on the short end.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Incidentally, where exactly are the restrooms?
    http://goo.gl/maps/PMD3f
    There may have been more porta-potties in the other camplands. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they close the flushables for LLVII. They got trashed this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by badpennny View Post
    The line for registration for per-registered players was the only negative I took away from the event; it seriously took me about 45 minutes-hour to get to the counter, and that's on the short end.
    Sean said he will have registration fixed for next year. I think they're putting computers at each window along with other improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    Any hotels are legit except for the motel 6 off I-80
    Skip is correct with this. I am a big fan of Hampton Inn because I have a butt-load of Hilton Honors points from all the travel my company used to make me do. So, I usually stay at the Hampton Inn off of I-55. It's about 30 minutes from CPX. But, it is right next to a mall with a Tilted Kilts, it has a pool, a hot tub, and free breakfast with waffle makers.
    Last edited by bbotts77; 06-16-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Combining posts

All good info and thanks to every one for chiming in.

I will start to make separate threads for things like Hotels, game info, and ect as we go along. In the meantime, I will start PMing you guys who want on the event committee tomorrow...

So, what exactly needs to be done?
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP