Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hardline macrolines, how do you get them or who makes installs them?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    How much did you guys pay for shipping on the hard line from mcmaster
    i've bought from mcmaster several times in the past; their shipping prices are quite low if you live in the 'states. sorry i can't give a more precise answer.

How much did you guys pay for shipping on the hard line from mcmaster
    $4.91 for (3X) 3' lengths.

Thanks, thats not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k View Post

Splat15k,
    Did you have any concerns with the how many threads you could get screwed into the valve and still have that macro fitting clear the sight rail?

I liked your idea so much the I used it.
    Name:  10653795_299880646871777_8514873567841722273_n.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  82.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Splat15k,
    Did you have any concerns with the how many threads you could get screwed into the valve and still have that macro fitting clear the sight rail?
    Yes, that was a very real concern; I had to use the older-style universal CCM fittings that had the longer threaded portion, which gave me the necessary clearance.

Hmm, I will have to do some hunting, I didn't know there was another version.

Here is my lower hard line so far, getting the bends to line up right in such a tight area was a bit tricky.

Name:  lower hl.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  76.7 KB]

Has anyone tried the hand bendable stuff? I also saw where McMaster offers some sort of bending cover that is made of spring steel that says it will keep the tubing from kinking. And it's <$2. vs $30+ for the 90* tool.

Hmmm that does look interesting, I wonder if it could be anodized and if it could, how would that affects its bendability or finish

I ended up picking up a small tube bender from harbor freight. Its worked well for the price.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1-8-eig...der-94571.html

Oh that bender from HF isn't bad at all. I might give that a whirl.

I have a rather nice Imperial bender that works great, (I did the fuel and brake systems in stainless on my Jeep with it,) but that HF one would fit so much better in the portable toolbox. Does it bend easily and without marring?

I had a little marring, but I think it was because I was trying to get the second bend so close to the first. I will take a look tonight and take some close ups to show the finish of a single bend. I liked because the diameter of the bend was pretty small compared to the other benders I came across.

I liked your idea so much the I used it.
    Name:  10653795_299880646871777_8514873567841722273_n.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  82.5 KB

very nice

I saw that Magot is selling kits in the dealer sec. $23 , Anno'd black.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Name:  cm-1 small.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  cm-2small.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  cm-4small.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  cm-3small.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  26.6 KB

I noticed I had more marring when trying to do multiple bends in a very tight area. I definitely made a mistake by ordering one universal fitting from ccm and not two, I would have only had to do one bend instead of three.

Splat15 your mag provided a lot of inspiration for my build.

Just how stiff is this tubing? cause I've been wondering if my old spring bender (from my hvac days) would work on this stuff without mangleing it up.

Its stiff, I have never used a spring bender but it sounds like you do it by hand and I don't think it would work

I have an Imperial/Eastman bender but I know small close bends are a bugger to get right. In A/C it's ok to get a little sloppy but on a PB gun we wanna stay tight, not always easy. The Primo way would be to do the math and mill some blocks for a hydrolic bender, and then you get into cost and not all set up's are the same. It's a catch 22.

Anyone have the part # for macroline? I know it's 1/4" tube, but there are about 100 different ones and I don't want to order the wrong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Anyone have the part # for macroline? I know it's 1/4" tube, but there are about 100 different ones and I don't want to order the wrong stuff.
    You don't really need a part number. Just look at the pressure rating and the bend radius. Those two ratings will give you an idea whether it will work for you and the stiffness of the tubing.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You don't really need a part number. Just look at the pressure rating and the bend radius. Those two ratings will give you an idea whether it will work for you and the stiffness of the tubing.

Yeah it's still difficult to tell. I don't want to buy 25 ft of something substandard for our uses.

post #24 has the p/n's I didn't check them but you could start there. 25 ft?

Yeah it's still difficult to tell. I don't want to buy 25 ft of something substandard for our uses.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...sure-macroline

I swear I haven't been reading your mind...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post

I ended up getting something from Mcmaster that is 950 psi working pressure. The ID is not as thick as the parker stuff I get from Tuna, but Im going to try this on some non-mag applications and see how it does.

I also got about 9 feet of the aluminum hard line

I ended up getting something from Mcmaster that is 950 psi working pressure. The ID is not as thick as the parker stuff I get from Tuna, but Im going to try this on some non-mag applications and see how it does.

I also got about 9 feet of the aluminum hard line
    I've used that stuff on other markers, and it's been fine and dandy. I'm going to try running my Xvalve at 1100psi and didn't want to use hardlines on this one, which is why I went hunting for "safe" macro. That aluminum line is awesome. Bends very nicely and seals well out of the box in CCMs. (I put an extra o-ring in anyway, just for peace of mind.)

I dont know if this helps you guys out ,as far as which tubes to use ,but ive been using :
    K&S 1/4X.035 - good for some hand bends and handling high pressure
    K&S 1/4X.049 - thicker wall & harder to bend , if you have a bender & a vice its no issue
    DO NOT make the same mistake i did & order 1/4X.014 !! way to thin and too easily bends. also no good with high pressure
    sizes in pic from left to right :
    1/4 X .014 - 1/4 X .035 - 1/4 X .049

This is the chart direct from K&S
    If you look in the middle of chart where it says "Round aluminum tubing " follow it down to 1/4 and You will see the sizes they offer,mostly in foot lenths . But when your ordering a roll lets say from somewhere else , you can refer to the chart as to what not to order
    part # 83061 for the thickest stuff that im using , only bad part is it only comes in 12"
    heres the website
    http://www.ksmetals.com

PS for the record IDK what these 2 tubes sizes are like with CCM fitting .I use the regular macro fitting so far
    Last edited by NU_METAL; 11-12-2014 at 05:40 PM.

This brake line is 1200psi burst pressure, not 1200psi working pressure. Its not somethng you want to use on a high pressure marker.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    This brake line is 1200psi burst pressure, not 1200psi working pressure. Its not somethng you want to use on a high pressure marker.

Maximum Working Pressure (psi)

I thought max working pressure and burst pressure were different?

Maximum Working Pressure (psi)

I thought max working pressure and burst pressure were different?
    They are. Burst is supposed to be 4 times the maximum working pressure. MSC claims 1200psi is working pressure. Not to say they can't be wrong, but I haven't been able to find anything saying otherwise. If there's a definite spec somewhere saying 1200 is burst, I'd like to know so I can go yell at MSC.

They are. Burst is supposed to be 4 times the maximum working pressure. MSC claims 1200psi is working pressure. Not to say they can't be wrong, but I haven't been able to find anything saying otherwise. If there's a definite spec somewhere saying 1200 is burst, I'd like to know so I can go yell at MSC.
    Max working pressure is usually listed as the working pressure and burst pressure is usually the absolute minimum pressure that it will handle before bursting. Burst pressure is usually 3 or 4x working pressure, but that is not a hard and fast rule. If you look at the catalogue listing for the MSC line of products, this one in particular, it lists the burst pressure at 1200psi. So, it seems that this item is rated at its burst rating and not the working pressure. If you look in the same catalogue, they are rating the parker tubes at the lower max pressures of approximately 625psi, but don't list a burst pressure. If you look up the burst rating of the parker tubes, the burst rating is about 4 time the max pressure rating and puts them at about a 2600psi burst rating. This all makes sense if you look at the wall thickness of the products. The Parker tubes have much thicker walls which would lead to a higher rating.