Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hardline macrolines, how do you get them or who makes installs them?

I just now found the Eaton pdf for their tubes and it lists the 4247 series max pressure at 300psi.

Eaton® Synflex® Thermoplastic Hose and Fittings

Look at page 6.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I think I just exceeded the max. working pressure on a brain cell trying to follow all this. next we'll be sending in our air lines for re-hydro. Oi! way over my head at most points. I call the supplier and talk to the tech guys, which may mean I've talked with some of you guys.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Ugh, athomas is right. Thanks for the info. Time for a call to MSC.

Runamok, here's the short version. The lines I mentioned, (and ordered,) are rated to 1200psi minimum burst and 300psi working pressures by the manufacturer. So they're designed to for systems that operate up to 300psi, but can handle an overpressure event up to 1200psi without failing. Not QUITE what we're looking for here.

The industrial supplier, MSC, has them listed at a working pressure of 1200psi, which would imply a burst pressure of 3600-4800psi. Supplier made a mistake. I've run the length I've cut off at 900psi so far with no ill effects, but recommend against it. What I have left of this hose is going in my spacegun/cocker bin now.