Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Precision Powder - Custom Marker Refinishing

just curious, have you ever attempted to powdercoat a valve?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    just curious, have you ever attempted to powdercoat a valve?
    No I have not
    PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

Would you be willing to?

Plus, I have an almost complete mag pretty much all raw that needs love. Going to send you a PM abut the details.

Runamok is offline https://www.automags.org/fo Feedback Score 17 (100%)
    pm questions
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Replied

ever do a red white and blue on a single marker?

pm sent

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    ever do a red white and blue on a single marker?

I have never tried that no

Been a bit but I am completely caught up after the delays that came about because of some health issues of a family member that has now passed.

Here is a big update of some stuff that has been completed.

A custom shaved GSL that I worked on with the help of Caustic Customs. He did the ano work, I put a clear over all the splashed parts and a chameleon flake over all the blue parts.

Not paintball related but it could be. My new gloss black process I have developed a perfect mirror finish

Flat chameleon pigment to gloss chameleon fade

My new ghost chameleon finish I created

New rotors

Pink holographic flake

Purple river (texture finish) with red pearl

Silver micro holographic flake

Does the added thickness to the main body not cause any issues with the sear alignment. Or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Does the added thickness to the main body not cause any issues with the sear alignment. Or anything else.
    No it does not as the bottom of the body is actually masked off. The top and bottom of the rail, as well as the top of your trigger frame also gets masked off. Perfect fitment every time

So you can clear coat an anno job, coming to this thread made that question a lot easier to answer
    And here's a dumb question of mine that has been bugging me, the clear coat is as durable as the regular powder coating correct? I think with me it's just mind trickery and makes me think it's not a durable

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    So you can clear coat an anno job, coming to this thread made that question a lot easier to answer
    And here's a dumb question of mine that has been bugging me, the clear coat is as durable as the regular powder coating correct? I think with me it's just mind trickery and makes me think it's not a durable
    Clear is just as durable as regular powders yes. I have a guide to powder coating on this forum that will answer a lot of your questions as well if you have more

Runamok is offline https://www.automags.org/fo Feedback Score 17 (100%)
    I have a Sydarm, I want to coat the body,Frame, rail, Base pad,5" barrel, pump kit and trigger. CAN I Not get a ball park Figure($) on cost? Simple flat black? I don't need to spend $2000 on a finish, some one tell me if I can afford this? All the pretty pictures in the world do not give me any idea of price. They're all pretty but I need some idea of what it'll cost! It's in the MOTM thread right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    I have a Sydarm, I want to coat the body,Frame, rail, Base pad,5" barrel, pump kit and trigger. CAN I Not get a ball park Figure($) on cost? Simple flat black? I don't need to spend $2000 on a finish, some one tell me if I can afford this? All the pretty pictures in the world do not give me any idea of price. They're all pretty but I need some idea of what it'll cost! It's in the MOTM thread right now.

Hello, I PM'd you a quote on it a little while ago. Never heard back from you on it

"Powder Coating a Paintball gun? Who knew….

This is a review of the Dye DM14 I used for the 2014 season. I got a lot of questions throughout the year about this gun. With the Dye DM15 now being used I think this would be an appropriate time to post my findings.

In the late January this year I was looking at some custom finishes. I saw a lot of awesome stuff and it brought me back to the good ole days of playing 10man where everyone either shot a custom Autococker or AutoMag. I was surprised to see so many people that are still doing this custom work for literally every kind of gun you could imagine. One shop in particular took a very different approach, they were able to actually powder coat a marker and come out with some really sick looking guns. I contacted the one man behind everything via facebook. Precision Powder Coating.

I began to barrage him with questions about literally everything to do with powder coating. My only experience with any kind of powder coating was way back in the day when I had my Chevelle. The only thing I knew about powder coating was in relation to car parts but never imagined the same method could be applied to paintball markers. After a lot of questions back and forth about real firearms (a hobby of mine) I looked down at my 2 month old Dye DM14 and said why not? I agreed to ship out my marker and shoot the same DM14 for the entire year to see how well it would hold up. So I striped the marker down and shipped all the individual pieces to Roger Lapointe’s shop. Having seen his work before I gave him the artistic freedom to choose whatever color combination he wanted. About 2 weeks later he sent me some photos and then shipped the marker back to me before my first practice of the 2014season.

The color combination is hard to capture in a photo, this is a marker you have to see to really get an idea of what you’re holding in your hands.The color combination is hard to capture in a photo, this is a marker you have to see to really get an idea of what you’re holding in your hands.

The first event of the year I could not attend so Chad Busiere asked me if he could use it for the event and without hesitation I let him. I was actually in Italy while the team was playing the Dallas event so periodically I would check in on the team and see how the event was going. The event looked horrible, it rained all weekend and everyone was forced to play in the mud. I had no idea how the marker would hold up to the elements, then the 2nd event came around and again rain and mud everywhere. All in all throughout the year the gun has held its own. It still looks great and sparks lots of questions at every practice and event. The worst thing that happened to this gun? TSA must of dropped my bag pretty hard, I opened my gear bag only to find that the top lip where the barrel screws into was bent down, chipped a small piece off the powder coating. I didn’t notice it until I was about to play a game and tried to screw my barrel in, it wouldn’t go in at all. I had to try to bang out the dent with a screwdriver and hammer.I think I had about 5 minutes before the match started so I relieved when the barrel began to screw in. Bad part? I didn’t bang out the dent enough and it stripped off the finish in a small ring on the barrel back.

These pictures were taken today, I’ll admit we’re hard on our guns. I used this gun for every practice and event this year. So I’m pretty happy with the results.These pictures were taken today, I’ll admit we’re hard on our guns. I used this gun for every practice and event this year. So I’m pretty happy with the results.

If you’re looking for a custom finish for your marker, I highly suggest you get in touch with Roger Lapointe- Precision Powder Coating. He’s able to make a truly custom marker by agreeing to not make the same finish on any other marker in the future.

Thanks again Roger!

Dan Holliday ( Tampa Bay Damage)"

To note, the "chip" is actually a scratch, but after bending the barrel to the point it wouldn't fit, that is acceptable to me.

Wow great review. Thanks for sharing!

Another update

Hey shot you a pm ...

Another update
    26" Front Harley Wheel

Rear Harley wheel with new bearings installed

Aurora plated GSL barrel with holographic flake clear (rest of the gun will be done this week)

Here is the rest of that GSL.

Forgot to pull off a piece of tape on the ASA before I took the pictures so ignore the little green piece.

These pictures are going to show WHY we powder coated a clear with a flake over it, rather than just the plain clear that we intended on doing. The parts came back from the plater with a vast amount of imperfections and blemishes. The choice was made for me to do some recovery and repair work. The goal was to hide the imperfections in the aurora. I would say that given what I had to work with and needing to find something that flowed well, it turned out wonderful.

PMed you.

pm sent

Chameleon Luxe

Dye titanium backs from raw to gloss black

Axe bodies

Restored some ugly, crusty, beat up vintage bmw 2002 wheels.

PMed you for a quote.