Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precision Powder - Custom Marker Refinishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have 2 mags that Roger did for me and they are amazing. My purple metallic Karta is exactly as I wanted per our discussions. The Phoenix Stormwalk project was a leap in color but turned out stunning. I recommend his work to anyone as top notch. He masks everything and the tolerances are in no way affected. Thanks again Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Roger, I was wondering if it was possible to powdercoat a classic valve (and have it remain functional)? I've read that stainless can be done and it looks like you have the skills, so I guess I'm just concerned about the tolerances. How thick does the coating end up to be? What finishes would be possible? Thanks for your time

-grub
    I don't see why I couldn't. The valve would need to be disassembled completely first, and you would need to provide me with a few pictures of how it goes together so I can mask off any vital areas. Only the visible portions would be coated leaving it completely functional.

As far as a thickness it would depend 100% on the finish you wanted. A solid glossy color will be thinner than metallics, candies, custom flakes, or custom flat colors specifically because those require more than one coat. Typically a coat is applied at 3-5 mils (1mil = .001").

Finishes possible are as follows:
    solid tone
    candy
    matte
    wrinkle
    vein
    texture
    river
    metallic
    pearl
    chameleon (color changing)
    or combinations of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
    Top notch work! I presume you're in the USA? I ask because I'm a Canuck.
    Thank you!

Correct, I am located in Maine roughly 2 hours from Quebec. International shipping is not very costly though, I just sent back a phantom I did for someone in Canada I believe it cost $27 to send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    I have 2 mags that Roger did for me and they are amazing. My purple metallic Karta is exactly as I wanted per our discussions. The Phoenix Stormwalk project was a leap in color but turned out stunning. I recommend his work to anyone as top notch. He masks everything and the tolerances are in no way affected. Thanks again Roger.

You are very welcome! Thank you again for the kind words!

What is river finish?

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    What is river finish?
    It is the same as a vein (hammer tone) but instead of it being a two color finish, like silver and black, its a single color.

How difficult is it to remove powder coating is there a special process to remove it?

It really depends on who is doing it. For you it would be more difficult to do than myself, but it certainly is something I do here every day. It can be chemically removed, physically removed, burnt off in burn ovens, or with laser removal

Quote Originally Posted by dodge3500 View Post
    How difficult is it to remove powder coating is there a special process to remove it?
    Last edited by PrecisionPowder; 09-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    It really depends on who is doing it. For you it would be extremely difficult to remove, for me much easier since I already have the setup in place to do so. Or something like that it needs to be chemically stripped
    Yeah I'm in the process of finishing up a couple of mags and considering powder coating but didn't want something very hard to get removed or redone if the time comes.:-) let's say I have a powder coated mag that's one color and I wanna change to white how much would it affect the cost.

can you do something close to the Vietnam Tiger Stripe pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    can you do something close to the Vietnam Tiger Stripe pattern?
    I replied to your message

Figured it was probably time for an update here. I will be running a sale through the rest of the month for halloween 15% off any thing I coat orange.

Pm'd a few questions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousMAG View Post
    Pm'd a few questions. Thanks!
    Replied!

pm'd

Samples from some new projects I am working on

I want to give out some STEEP discounts to a few who are willing to give me creative freedom with their marker. The price will be highly reduced in exchange for me having a blank slate to work with. Discounts will be an estimated 40-60% off normal price.

I want to do two of these, the first people to bring me an interesting milled marker will get it. I would prefer some neat milling over plain round tubes or square blocks, but I will consider anything.

I can promise something that will wow you when you look at it, and assure nothing else will be like it.
    Last edited by PrecisionPowder; 11-15-2013 at 08:46 PM.

How about a mini tac mag pump with a t2w stock? I was going to contact you in the near future, but no better time to take you up on your offer and let you work your magic! My only reservation would be that I want it more of a dark color with some shimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    How about a mini tac mag pump with a t2w stock? I was going to contact you in the near future, but no better time to take you up on your offer and let you work your magic! My only reservation would be that I want it more of a dark color with some shimmer.
    I'm really looking for markers with interesting milling for these projects. Things that will bring out the colors and effects I will be using.

Are you still looking for guns to experiment on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    Are you still looking for guns to experiment on?
    Not specifically at the moment looking to do any experiments on. Only real projects I special have considered doing in the relative future would be a frankenstein fade gun, with each part being a different color fade, a satin or gloss black fade, and a pigment based chameleon job. Otherwise just normal orders.
    PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

Hey Roger - I want to send you one of my guns to get coated. The gun is currently blue, and I would like it coated the same shade of blue, but would also like to have a chameleon effect. But, I am also willing to give you some artistic freedom to do what you think would make it awesome. What do I need to do to get this ball rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    Hey Roger - I want to send you one of my guns to get coated. The gun is currently blue, and I would like it coated the same shade of blue, but would also like to have a chameleon effect. But, I am also willing to give you some artistic freedom to do what you think would make it awesome. What do I need to do to get this ball rolling?
    The thing about a chameleon is you don't get to really pick a shade. When you do a chameleon is appears as what ever color you get depending on the sun and viewing angle. A blue chameleon based color is not an issue, you will get purples, pinks, teals, and greens as well. Send me some pictures of the marker and we can get started.

Might get this done soon. I'll pm when I get the money.

Here is some assembled pictures of mine, looks amazing and way better in person.

Time for an update I think. (Nuke I am finishing up yours as I type...trying to figure out if I want to go gloss or flat on part of it)

Oh and this is happening

Is it possible to get a color shift on a flat coating? also what colors can be used for color shift? Im looking at a Gun Metal grey or black to red once i get all my parts in...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Is it possible to get a color shift on a flat coating? also what colors can be used for color shift? Im looking at a Gun Metal grey or black to red once i get all my parts in...
    Yes it can be done in a flat finish. Message me for a full list