Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my mags

Quote Originally Posted by BassdudeBTB View Post
    Laku, where did you get that awesome looking rigid line and fittings on the first mag?
    I tried to find it and Googled all sorts of things but no luck. I believe the markings on it say: "Venom Rigidline DLX - 1051197"

Also where do you get rigid macroline for the CCM fittings?
    It looks so sleek and awesome! I would like to replace the Rigid line on my RT Classic with CCM fittings and that Rigid Macroline or the option above, the Venom Rigidline.
    Venom toxic toys was a company back in the 90s that jumped on the aftermarket parts wagon for mags and cockers. Good luck finding leftover goods such as that. Laku is a master of finding the rare.

The second set is just rigid AL tubing that was bent and anodized. A member here did a run or 2. I bought tube from him and did my own custom lines for my wife's rt to get rid of the macro line. You could also buy the tube from McMaster Carr and bend it yourself.

Awesome! Thank you so much!
    I cant wait to put them on my Mag!

So I bought some 1/4"OD x 0.035"Wall, Smooth Bore Stainless Steel Tubing from McMaster Carr (#89895K724) and it doesn't stay in the CCM fittings!!
    It sort of seals in another Macroline fitting I have but I'm guessing maybe that one has a slightly fatter oring. But still even if it seals I can simply pull it right out... Easily!

I thought Stainless tubing would look nice on the side of my RT with CCM's... But obviously this doesn't work...
    From your experience will Aluminum tubing seal in CCM Fittings? I've seen several nice Mags with rigid tubing... Did they flare the ends a bit or what's the secret here?!
    I found this on Mcmaster for AL Tubing: (#89965K441)

As a side note I measured the tubing's diameter and compared it to the macro line I have and it is EXACTLY the same to the thou...

So I bought some 1/4"OD x 0.035"Wall, Smooth Bore Stainless Steel Tubing from McMaster Carr (#89895K724) and it doesn't stay in the CCM fittings!!
    It sort of seals in another Macroline fitting I have but I'm guessing maybe that one has a slightly fatter oring. But still even if it seals I can simply pull it right out... Easily!

I thought Stainless tubing would look nice on the side of my RT with CCM's... But obviously this doesn't work...
    From your experience will Aluminum tubing seal in CCM Fittings? I've seen several nice Mags with rigid tubing... Did they flare the ends a bit or what's the secret here?!
    I found this on Mcmaster for AL Tubing: (#89965K441)

As a side note I measured the tubing's diameter and compared it to the macro line I have and it is EXACTLY the same to the thou...
    My experience with rigid tube is that it will not bite and hold in any macro fittings because it is rigid and not soft like macro. BUT it will seal fine if the right OD is used. This means that the tube has to be mounted in a way that the angles of the fittings force the tube to stay in the fittings.

Ok I gotcha, seems kinda dangerous to have 1,000+ PSI in a tube like that but I see other Mags with it so it must work fine...
    I made some measurements and I'm thinking of machining a tiny groove for the fitting teeth to engage into at the same place the macroline has the groove pressed into it by the teeth.
    What do you think?

You don't need the groove. In fact that could become failure point so I wouldn't do that.

With correct OD the pipe will be fine.

Btw you can put two o-rings in ccm fitting so that it seals further up if your pipe is right on the edge of being long enough.

And like you said you could also find slightly thicker o-ring and try that if it seems your pipe OD isn't large enough.

Ok thanks for the advice. I will try to tinker with it & get it to work. The double o-ring idea is a good suggestion I may try that if it doesn't seal right away.

What did they charge you for the anodizing ?

Removing the international shipping....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    What did they charge you for the anodizing ?

Removing the international shipping....
    For the Karta? I think it was around 400 but that included few rails and other stuff in addition to that.

that karta is amazing
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    For the Karta? I think it was around 400 but that included few rails and other stuff in addition to that.
    Looks great.

Thanks Laku & blackdeath1k for your help w/ the hardline mod for my Mag. It came out great!

Name:  IMG_6342.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  113.1 KB

Thanks Laku & blackdeath1k for your help w/ the hardline mod for my Mag. It came out great!
    No problem, glad to help. It looks good.

All three are nice, but that karta is amazing. How did you like the oltr?

Quote Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
    All three are nice, but that karta is amazing. How did you like the oltr?
    I like it quite a bit. Easy to use and makes the trigger almost as light as my tournament electro.