Thread: Mistakes and regrets

Mistakes and regrets

Good evening AO. I know we've all made mistakes. Sold things that we thought at the time we wouldn't miss, but later, perhaps much later, realized that whatever the reason was for parting with a piece of gear it was perhaps not as worth while as we might have thought?

Well, I'm here to tell you of my great regret, and maybe, just maybe, I might find a way to get it back some day, but for now....

So back in probably 2004 or so I bought two Emag lowers and pieced together a pair of LVL10 ULEmags, one was a vert feed and gloss black from tip to valve with a matched X Valve, the other was a left-hand warped with an Emag Valve. The Warped Emag I loved so much I sent it out to get a custom ano job. It came back dusted silver/black/yellow with a little Skull on the battery pack and a UN SPACY logo on the rail just under the nose and eventually was upgraded to a Predator Emag. The warped ULE body stayed black since I didn't really see the need to go changing that up. I played with them both, but the warp was really my go-to gun and the black Emag was the backup. Life was good, the guns ran great, and I never had any problems with either of them.

Then the day came when I stopped playing paintball in 2006, no where to play officially and outlaw ball had left a bad taste in my mouth with lax safety and no chrono checks. So then the Emags, along with the rest of my gear, sat in my gear bag, pulled out from time to time to make sure they were still in good shape and to run a few drills, but never sure that I'd ever play again. Fast forward to 2009 and suddenly I needed to find some cash quickly. I looked at everything that I could sell but nothing really would amount to the kind of money that I was needing and the choice was made, the trigger pulled, and both Emags ended up in the classifieds eventually, and they were purchased without a lot of drama.

I've regretted selling them both ever since, but that Warped Emag is the one I really want to get back. I realized that I have no pictures of either of them anymore while digging through old files trying to find at least one. I was talking to a friend about the Warp Feed system since I still have one kicking around in my gear and was telling them about the magic that was the Emag and wanted to show off a little piece of my player history. Sadly, it was all for naught, Google had to fill in the blanks for me.

So there ya have a sad story where the only person I have to blame is myself. Anyhow, if anyone knows where that Skull Leader Warped Emag ever ended up. I'd be glad to know. Cheers!
    Last edited by VFX_Fenix; 10-25-2014 at 02:28 AM.

as a Robotech nut myself i would love to have seen it. hope you get it back.

Sounds like a Bunny alarm to me.

I had a pretty complete SP purple splash kit that I sold because it was too pretty to use. Even had an uncut frame. It was a gorgeous set.

VFX_Fenix: The search starts today..... I found the pictures of your Skull Leader E-mag and it will help start the journey to find your gun again. I would post this up on the various forums to see if anyone has seen it. You never know who may be lurking in the shadows. If you do hit a snag, I'd suggest gathering up all the parts to your dream gun and sending it over to Caustic Customs to get it completely redone. Think of it as V2 I'm sad to hear about your story, but we can rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Sounds like a Bunny alarm to me.
    lol

Bunny, where the heck do you find these things? Thanks a bunch for the pics

That carpet is so......60's !

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    That carpet is so......60's !

If it makes you feel any better this wasn't taken while I still owned the gun.

Bunny has a whole floor of computers that the government doesn't use anymore for listening to or compiling data on Soviet military. Since these are still viable machines, its proves more costly to see them replace them than to show them still in use. This is by no means misappropriation of government funds, but more of a sidetrack. So don't piss-off the Bunny, or you might have a blacked out SUV come by and detain you for unAmerican activities. Just saying...

Exclamation

My regret and mistake is that I ever joined this forum.

Think of all the money I'd have in the bank that I didnt spend buying Automags, parts, plane fare to go play paintball with other forum members, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    My regret and mistake is that I ever joined this forum.

Think of all the money I'd have in the bank that I didnt spend buying Automags, parts, plane fare to go play paintball with other forum members, etc.

You would just spend it on other toys.

Op I hope you can find your emag. And that it hasn't been cannibalized.

My only real regret with this sport is ever selling my classic mag I bough back when I was in 7th or 8th grade. That was 94-95. When I got out of the sport in 03 I sold my RTP and my classic mag and only kept my classicRT. The 68automag was nothing special at all. Just sentimental. And I still have the original box it came in.