Thread: forum help

forum help

call me technically challenged or just about anything for that matter, is there a quick way to post a link that i am missing or do we have to do it the hard way. i'm still having trouble getting photobucket to upload from my computer.

Just right click on the link, copy and paste it in the text box.

One thing I noticed was when I was trying to use my old machine with IE7 or 8, uploading to Photbucket was taking forever. With my new machine it has IE9 and is MUCH faster.

I would just forget IE. It's just bad..

okay, the link posted, now for photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I would just forget IE. It's just bad..
    This statement confuses me. Second time in a week or so that someone has mentioned dumping IE. Personally, I don't get it. Rarely do I come across a website that doesn't support it. Tried Chrome for about 3 days and absolutely hated it. Have used Safari...meh, take it or leave it. I don't get the hate for IE.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    okay, the link posted, now for photobucket.
    What is it doing/not doing? They did a pretty major update recently. If you are just having slow uploads, it may be because you are using an older version of Internet Explorer. With that said, it may help to know what problems you're having. Also, with the new AO site, you can actually upload directly from your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    This statement confuses me. Second time in a week or so that someone has mentioned dumping IE. Personally, I don't get it. Rarely do I come across a website that doesn't support it. Tried Chrome for about 3 days and absolutely hated it. Have used Safari...meh, take it or leave it. I don't get the hate for IE.
    Well. For me personally it's because I've done web design back in the day and IE has generally been just a complete PITA cause it often didn't/doesn't comply with the standards.

Then there's the thing that it's had pretty serious security holes that have on some occasions been left unrepaired for long periods of time.

There's a reason why it's share of browser usage has dropped pretty dramatically from its hay day.