Thread: Contour says what?

Thumbs down Contour says what?

Saw this on Amazon:

Important Message About the Manufacturer
    Contour recently announced that it will be exiting the digital camcorder business. Service & support (including warranties) have been discontinued and all Contour products, software and apps will no longer be supported by Contour following your purchase. This product is still covered by Amazon.com’s return policy.

So now what camera do I get.... Glad I waited!

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/12/02/...uture-unknown/

i have seen a few other threads and post saying they may return.

Go pro seems to be the way to go, at least that is what almost everyone I see uses

I'm very pleased w/ my contour, very easy to use and has great recording features... The design also makes it very easy to mount almost anywhere. Mines on the side of my mask and I hardly even know it's there.

R7 Replay XD1080 seems to be the best option at the moment if paintball is what you want to shoot.

I've been very happy with my GoPro for skiing and watersports, I haven't had the chance to run it playing paintball yet.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    I'm very pleased w/ my contour, very easy to use and has great recording features... The design also makes it very easy to mount almost anywhere. Mines on the side of my mask and I hardly even know it's there.
    This is what I am looking for the mask view... Can't imagine doing that with a go pro?

There are also models from Fuji Sony I saw at Best but the other day. Not sure if they are impact rated, but being they are waterproof and can be used for multiple outdoor sports, I would guess yes.