Thread: Micro E-mag lowers

Micro E-mag lowers

Just feeling out the rarity/availability of a set of Micro E-mag lowers. How many of these are floating around? And how much would one go for? Also, is there any real difference between the micro e-mag lowers and the regular e-mag lowers? Never dealt with, or built an e-mag before, so I never really paid much attention, I suppose. Anyways, I'm always grateful for input. thanks
    BeefyDan
    Last edited by BEEFYDAN; 11-14-2013 at 04:23 PM.

The actual lowers are the same as far I know, excepting the finger groove milling. The spacer plate and sear are the PITAs to find.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by BEEFYDAN View Post
    I did not know that. Thanks for the info
    Going from memory, but I believe the stock Emag sear can be modded to work. Basically, the body only accepts Classic sear pins, and Emags use RT Pro style axles.. IIRC, both Frizzle Fry and Going Home (I think) had extra spacers for sale. This has been some time back though and both may be sold.

The micro-emag sear is just an emag sear with the bushing cut so that is doesn't stick out past the side of the sear. It is then drilled out to accept the larger sear pin.

You may be able to operate the emag lowers on a micro-mag without the spacer plate with some adjustments in the lowers. The sear pivots in the body on the micromag, so only the solenoid plunger and trigger rod is really affected when it comes to the spacing differences between bodies.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ok, so my next question is this, I have a micromag 2000 body, which uses an Rt-type sear. Do I still need the spacer? Or will the lowers have the correct spacing for me as is?

I'm not sure about the Micromag 2k9 models, but all previous bodies required the spacer for use with the emag lowers. The micromag 2000 body uses a classic sear, which means you need to modify an emag sear to make it work with this body. The only PTP body that used an RT sear were the newer 2k9 bodies.

Here is some good info for you:

Micromag information