Thread: Freak Options

Freak Options

If this is too annoying please ignore but can people post pics of what Freak Backs and Freak Fronts they use. I am about to venture into Freak Kit territory and have very little clue what the options are.

Alternatively can someone point to a thread/location where this may have already been done?

Thanks

WWA tip and back

There are also several people out there doing Freak boring. They can make nearly any barrel accept freak inserts. Main two backs are the actual Freak and the WWA that BT has above. The Freak backs came in at least two different styles. Freaks fronts came in All American, Progressive and teardrop? WWA also has several tips and IIRC Deadly wind makes a front? I know Deadly wind also makes the Fibur barrel which is a CF barrel that accepts freak inserts.

I can dig around for some pics later if no one else throws them up.

in addition to what was already said.

you have the regular Freak back, Deadlywind Fibur barrels, Inception backs(which are freak backs that are cocker threaded on both ends, so you can use a regular barrel AS your tip) and the Empire Superfreak kit.

for the tips, you have St!ff! fronts, Dye fronts, WWA tips, SP/stock fronts.

at this point, you can pretty much either use a bored barrel(i have an old 1 piece Due Aluminium, which i love for the sleeper look), or go with the 2 piece freak back and front and mix and match your tips to your backs.

there are 2 things matter with a or the freak kit. 1) other than the brass and SS backs, the bores on the inserts can vary greatly. pick and choose your inserts(or if the paint is super small, like sub .680, go with TyMcNeer's brass inserts) that you want so you'll not be left with stuff you don't ever use. 2) go with what you like. freak kits are bought and sold regularly. you'll have no problem finding something you like.

Bit more about the Inception barrels http://inceptionforums.com/showthrea...ception-barrel

My link has a few different lengths to see...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...Freak-amp-more!!!

well, i was originally talking about alpha434's inception freak back, but Inception Design's upcoming barrel system is also in there. AFAIK, since Alpha434 was banned on MCB, i don't know where he is, if he's still selling barrel backs, or what else is the story is.

Standard Smart Parts / GoG back (newer style) with 12" Deadlywind front.

Older style Smart Parts back with 14" Deadlywind front.

Thanks for the responses gang, I am not a huge fan of any of the backs that I have seen. That was kind of the motivation for this thread, I was hoping there was something out there that I hadn't seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Thanks for the responses gang, I am not a huge fan of any of the backs that I have seen. That was kind of the motivation for this thread, I was hoping there was something out there that I hadn't seen yet.
    if you like a certain barrel for looks, good chances that it could be freak bored. you do loose the oring that helps keep the insert in there but you get a one piece barrel that you don't need a front. most cost about $25-40. just check out the people doing it(SSC, TyMcNeer, FloryPB, TJD-followed by some numbers) on which barrel you want to be done(some are too thin to be insert bored, so check with them if they can do it).