Thread: Wy don't we see a lot more of these around?

Wy don't we see a lot more of these around?

Super Bolt, would it not be amazing for a pump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abQhLFxCEvw

what advantage does a gram or two lighter bolt make in a pump?
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Would it not be better on air consumption?

One essential problem with these was the delrin kept separating from the SS and became potentially dangerous. Anyone that has one is urged not to use them.

Ahhhhh gotcha. Kind like the guy that got shot with a bolt from a brasseagle talon.

Actually, I think that problem was vastly over-exaggerated but im not 100% sure.

The only thing that weight reduction would help with on a lvl7 is to reduce kick. On the pumps it's not really a problem.

I remember when AGD had to recall all of them. I think the rumor was someone got injured from it, but I think the person in question lied about the situation. Unfortunately, AGD had to cover themselves and recalled a bunch of super bolts. I'm not sure if they went back to the drawing board after it and made the LVL10, but i'm glad they made something that could last so many years.

Below is a picture of AGD testing the superbolt in 2001.

Ok you guys are pounding me left and right about this thing so here are the pics. On the left is a bolt that went through about three tournaments, the middle is a brand new one, on the right is the bolt without the Delrin sleeve. As you can see there is a wear problem so you have to replace the sleeve periodically. We are working on this and other interrelated stuff so please stand by.

Thanks

https://www.automags.org/forums/conte...er-Bolt-Update

It's a pretty neat collector piece.

Bunny's totally correct. The superbolt was recalled b/c some kid lied about being hit by the sleeve/insert. Good for paintball history, not much else.

Didn't Tom try an alum. bolt? I seem to recall something about this but it wore so bad He gave up the idea? Besides, whats an once of weight in a 10 lb gun anyway. That's like only shooting 7 round mags in a 45 because a 10 round magazine is too heavy.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

the last time someone posted about this I went and found the history. if you search for superbolt then youll find the thread where all the info is in the comments