Thread: Check this out. Pump "hopper"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    How so? I said they were out before constant air. People didn't used 12gs as a means to limit air, they used them because its all there was. AGD innovated and came out with the 6pack. It was an innovation much like constant air was. Would I agree with someone using them today in a stock class setup? No.
    Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. It's not like bulk CO2 didn't exist before paintball -- just nobody actually plopped one on a gun, probably because "Why would anyone want to do that? I don't see the point."

Of course both the Six Pack and CA would immediately be banned, hence going back to your question "Were they using 12gs to limit air?" Annnnnnnnnnd it sounds like the answer to that question was effectively yes. They just weren't stating it outright. You don't know these things until you test them. Dishonest people gonna be dishonest (not calling you dishonest), and as technology marches forward, you gotta call these folks out.

This is why we push the rules from time to time.

I don't disagree that humans make rules and can be wrong, but if the rules are specifically in this case to create a level playing field by limiting paint to 10 round tubes and single load 12ies, using this product would be an attempt to bend those rules, just as using a 6pack would be. And again, for open class play, fine. I still think it's pointless, but if someone wants to use it, fine.
    Well, as lancecst pointed out, it wouldn't meet true stock class rules. It would be considered as a vertical feed, in which case the neck + elbow would allow for more than 10 rounds even if you excluded the non-live tubes (assuming the other 3 are in fact blocked off). So fear not -- the "sanctity of stock class" shall not be infringed.

If you're going to poo-poo it, you should do so on the basis of functionality/practicality or something. Something real, not some perceived yet nonexistent threat to some pet rules.

The worst sin committed is of course the continued use of a feed neck. Remove the feed neck contraption in its entirety and slap it directly onto the body of the gun. I still do not understand why this sin continues to be committed as we close out 2013. IT IS UNCLEAN UNTO THEE. Screw compatibility with other markers.

And personally I wouldn't use it as I despise "X on top of gun", where X is damn near anything.

But I can easily see the utility for the device for people that don't mind X on top of gun. It's a bridge between capacity, size, reliability, and complexity. You get straight feed paint without the need to agitate or pull a spring back. You have to stop every 10+x number of shots to rotate, but that also allows you to selectively reload fresh tubes. I tend to call this the "third hand problem".

You could also customize it downwards -- maybe all I need is 2 tubes. In fact, no bones about it -- all I would need is 2 tubes. You can't really gracefully downsize a SportShot.

That's just one of the variations of this basic idea.

Allowing Tac caps for Mag fed I can see as long as they are cut to limit the amount of paint to be equal to everyone else. I can also see this as it allows for more participation. This product doesn't.
    No, it's not fine, but that's a topic for another thread.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

You obviously care more about it than I do. Unfortunately I don't enough to continue. IMO, it's a silly device.

Eh with any style of play we learn to push the rules to the brink. Those honest try to push it right to the legal limit. Those dishonest try and push as far past legal as they think they can get away with. Such is nature.

You obviously care more about it than I do. Unfortunately I don't enough to continue. IMO, it's a silly device.
    Well hold on Professor.

Do you see the point of something like this?

(That one's a little excessive, but you get the idea.)

And do you see the point of something like this?

But as soon as you move the 10rd tubes all the way to the top, the whole thing become pointless (and possibly cheating)?

In operation, it's just another arrangement of a splatmaster rapide.

Name:  rapide-L83863.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  100.2 KB

The best part is that it no longer has the marker attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Well hold on Professor.

Do you see the point of something like this?

(That one's a little excessive, but you get the idea.)

But as soon as you move the 10rd tubes all the way to the top, the whole thing become pointless (and possibly cheating)?
    I really got your goat didn't I?

(see what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post

I really got your goat didn't I?

(see what I did there?)

I had meant that series of images to be a progression where the 10rd tube slowly makes its way from forearm->tank->body... to one more place:

Is painter's tape allowed in stock class?

AIR AMERICA REG

mother of god

Like I said, you obviously care more about this than I do. I made my point, pretty sure everyone else gets what I'm saying. If you're wanting to prove a point to yourself, go ahead. It might help though, if when trying to prove points about stock class if you actually used markers stock class legal. Just sayin.

Like I said, you obviously care more about this than I do. I made my point, pretty sure everyone else gets what I'm saying. If you're wanting to prove a point to yourself, go ahead. It might help though, if when trying to prove points about stock class if you actually used markers stock class legal. Just sayin.
    Well, I can't find my 12g adapter, but is this close enough? Just imagine a 12g bucket changer on the back.

Is that close enough?

If so, can I then proceed to ask if painter's tape is allowed in stock class?

If not, I can go hunt down a true stock class marker and then re-ask the question.

Like I said, you obviously care more about this than I do. I made my point, pretty sure everyone else gets what I'm saying. If you're wanting to prove a point to yourself, go ahead. .
    ^^^^