Thread: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie Brown reference there first--classic valve--replaced all o-rings, leaking down barrel, took power tube spacer out(220) and put spring back in and it fired 5 or 6 shots and started leaking again.

second--bought a red smear rt classic and a rebuild kit, aired it up and it leaks(no supprise)replaced 0-rings between halfs of the valve and in the on/off but can't get the back of the valve apart or the power tube tip off and as bad as the o-rings i replaced were, i know i have to change the rest, also can't get regulator piston assy out.

patience is not one of my virtues!

smileys quit working now

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Charlie Brown reference there first--classic valve--replaced all o-rings, leaking down barrel, took power tube spacer out(220) and put spring back in and it fired 5 or 6 shots and started leaking again.
    It sounds like you need a shorter powertube spacer. I suspect your sear has worn a bit, which is allowing the bolt to sit farther forward and keeping the bolt stem from fitting tight against the powertube oring.

second--bought a red smear rt classic and a rebuild kit, aired it up and it leaks(no supprise)replaced 0-rings between halfs of the valve and in the on/off but can't get the back of the valve apart or the power tube tip off and as bad as the o-rings i replaced were, i know i have to change the rest, also can't get regulator piston assy out.
    use two large pliers with protection on the gripping surface. You should be able to twist the two halves apart. They are probably just gummed up.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

i can get the halves apart its getting the guts out of the halves thats the problem.

one word

punt...

Lefty-loosey, righty-tighty?

Put the spacer back in and try a completely new 010 o-ring behind the spacer. The other o-ring, even if new, could be flawed.

i can get the halves apart its getting the guts out of the halves thats the problem.
    If the pin is stuck in the orings, you just have to grab it with a pair of pliers and pull. Make sure you protect the pin from the jaws of the pliers. You don't want to damage the pin by clamping with a coarse set of jaws.

got the classic working for now, i have a 225 spacer and when i put a 220 in it and remembered to screw the tip back in it worked.

the RT-its a 4100 series serial number and i don't think it had ever been gone thru. the o-rings were litteraly coming apart as i was trying to remove them and the regulator pin assy came apart when i tugged on it. luckily i had picked up a spare sometime previous on a spare parts buy. now when i air it up it starts rt-ing out the hole in the back of the regulator. i've read about this problem before but can't remember what the fix is. hopefully the thread is still around.

thanks for all the help.