Thread: Cosmos EMAG problem, need help!

Cosmos EMAG problem, need help!

I recently bought the Cosmos emag and i played a whole day with it two weekends ago with no issues. I went to play again with it this past weekend and it would not work in electro mode, only in mech mode. what it is doing is when i pull the pin to turn it on it turns on and displays x mod beta 1.8 and it will fire once or twice in electro mode then does not fire, but still stays on. I left it on for a while after that too see if it would die but it dosent. I charged the battery all night too. Just wondering what it could be. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

After charging it, did you test it to see what the output was? Do you have another Emag to try it on? Do you hear anything going on? Sometimes a dying battery will have enough umph to get out a couple of shots than loses enough charge to not quite make it. Kinda like spinning the batteries on a tv remote.

+1 on the battery. the board and gun are power sensitive. so not having a fully charged gun, OR a dying battery will cause the gun to not work on E mode.

I don't have another emag to try it on is there any other way to check the output of my battery? and is that the only possible issue with it or could there be another troubleshooting option?

Will the gun fire electronically in hybrid mode? When you pull the trigger is there any indication on the screen that it has registered a shot? Can you here the solenoid clicking?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ok, went to try some troubleshooting tips from you guys and when I turned it on, it worked Like nothing was ever wrong. Not sure why it wouldn't work the other day but thanks for all of the input guys

Check that the battery contacts are making a good connection. If they are dirty or corroded, just moving the gun around might cause issues that act like a bad battery and then disappear as quickly as they appeared.

i had this same problem with my emag. i rebuilt the battery and it worked fine