Thread: Advice for Living Legends

Advice for Living Legends

for those who havnt been to LL or even CPX Sports PLEASE take the time to read this ENTIRE thread on PBN

best 2 bits of advice from me? bring lots of water and leave the cleats at home!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3738869

MOTY3
    So there will be lots of concrete ?

there is only concrete on less then an acre of land... and I guarantee youll spend half of your time on it. add the over 6,000,000 paintballs being shot and it gets a little slippery. they actually take small breaks to "wash" the city

stay hydrated, travel light when playing, and stay out on the field as much as you can.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Hmm. See I don't actually remember playing in the city that much the first couple of times. The last time, more so, but still not "most" of the time by any stretch of the imagination. I agree on the hydration, but also think people should play smart and take breaks. Its an hour south of Chicago and during that time of year can vary from 70-90 degrees and humid as all get out. Don't be a hero, its only paintball, take breaks as needed. Every year they have a couple of people go down due to dehydration/overheating. Don't be one of them.

last year one of the MVPs went down. still got MVP

and as for not spending alot of time in the city... this year the vandals are holding the city. Thats also where 75% of the photographers are gonna be, get ready for AO Photobombs

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post

and as for not spending alot of time in the city... this year the vandals are holding the city. Thats also where 75% of the photographers are gonna be, get ready for AO Photobombs
    This must be something new. Previously, the bases were back in the woods or in the one case the Easternmost clearing. I was going by years past and wasn't there last year. Sounds like the setup has changed somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Don't be a hero...
    But, last year, Orange said...

the bases are still where they were... I just know that vandals mission will be to secure and hold the city....

I've seen our team line up... cake walk

Thumbs up

Along with hydration......

Get salt capsules.

I take 3 a day when I'm playing in the heat, and in Florida, well this past saturday it was upper 80"s, so we know a thing or two about heat..

Himalayan sea salt is an unprocessed natural mineral.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himalayan-Cr...item2a35a0ccc2

Thats the ones I take with me when its hot for paintball.

Salt retains fluids and helps prevent dehydration.

No massive headaches from dehydration !

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Along with hydration......

Get salt capsules.

I take 3 a day when I'm playing in the heat, and in Florida, well this past saturday it was upper 80"s, so we know a thing or two about heat..

Himalayan sea salt is an unprocessed natural mineral.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Himalayan-Cr...item2a35a0ccc2

Thats the ones I take with me when its hot for paintball.

Salt retains fluids and helps prevent dehydration.

No massive headaches from dehydration !

Does that have iodine in it? If so im buying a crate full.

would love more info on this

Iodine is added to processed table salt.
    This is a natural mineral taken from mines.
    So no, it has not had iodine added.

http://www.naturalnews.com/028724_Hi..._salt_sea.html

I stopped using table salt years ago.

what about ticks? do i need to bring my bug spray? here in Ok i dont hardly leave town without it.

I didnt have an issue with any kind of bug.

just more evidence the "awards" at these games are bull****. but yeah, whatever.

he accomplished alot though. people get a purple heart in war even if they die.

Bring flower seeds with you on the field. Old SF trick I picked up working with them in the Jugles of Panama. Replenishes your salt loss, keeps cramps at bay and a puts a little something in your tummy. Bananas are good anti cramp food too.

Lastly, Pedilyte works 1000% better then any sports drink and keeps the BS crap in them out of your system. It comes in small and large bottles. Drink water to hydrate and Pedilyte to energize. Worked great when I went threw Air Assault school.

I won't be making it to this so you'll have to do without the mister but hopefully next year ill be rocking it down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Bring flower seeds with you on the field. Old SF trick I picked up working with them in the Jugles of Panama. Replenishes your salt loss, keeps cramps at bay and a puts a little something in your tummy. Bananas are good anti cramp food too.

Lastly, Pedilyte works 1000% better then any sports drink and keeps the BS crap in them out of your system. It comes in small and large bottles. Drink water to hydrate and Pedilyte to energize. Worked great when I went threw Air Assault school.

I won't be making it to this so you'll have to do without the mister but hopefully next year ill be rocking it down there.
    Just make sure it's at TB8 in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    me and Scott will detour and steal it from your house. Since Scott's now Ninja sized , you'll never see it coming. except for the fact that i just told you...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    me and Scott will detour and steal it from your house. Since Scott's now Ninja sized , you'll never see it coming. except for the fact that i just told you...
    He doesn't know I already swiped it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Just make sure it's at TB8 in 2015
    Pedialyte, the stuff they give infants to keep them hydrated?

Makes sense, I heard it works wonders.

While I have not been to LL, I have been doing this for close to thirty years, so comes a few suggestions from learning the hard way.

Also, you can eat Claussen Pickles as well. I always carry them whenever I play, winter or summer. They are loaded with salts, and have not had issues since I started eating them while at the field.

You can also dilute gatorade with water 50/50. This will keep you from cramping.

Next, sugar, I carry sweet tarts by the bag full.

Granola or trail mix bars for snacking on the field.

Keep away from heavy foods, and dairy. Begin eating pasta and potatoes two weeks in advance every single day. You will pack on a few pounds but it gives your body and energy reserve due to the carbs and you will burn off the weight during play and moving around. Lastly, begin hydrating as well two weeks in advance, no sodas, light on caffeine or no caffeine. Go easy on energy drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MDPredator View Post
    While I have not been to LL, I have been doing this for close to thirty years, so comes a few suggestions from learning the hard way.

Also, you can eat Claussen Pickles as well. I always carry them whenever I play, winter or summer. They are loaded with salts, and have not had issues since I started eating them while at the field.
    that is IF you like pickles. that whole drinking pickle juice drinking is horrible. if you want to see what i had for breakfast, shove a pickle under my nose.

You can also dilute gatorade with water 50/50. This will keep you from cramping.
    personally, the mix tastes like nothing, just dirty water. again this is me. i just alternate the drinks. though i always make sure that i drink just water on the field. will have to break out the camelback for this game, just to be sure.

Next, sugar, I carry sweet tarts by the bag full.

Granola or trail mix bars for snacking on the field.

Keep away from heavy foods, and dairy. Begin eating pasta and potatoes two weeks in advance every single day. You will pack on a few pounds but it gives your body and energy reserve due to the carbs and you will burn off the weight during play and moving around. Lastly, begin hydrating as well two weeks in advance, no sodas, light on caffeine or no caffeine. Go easy on energy drinks.
    some of us have already begun to load up the carbs. and remember, there is no caffeine in beer and it has plenty of carbs. the GF will wonder why i've been drunk for 2 weeks. now i can tell her that i'm in training for Living Legends...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    some of us have already begun to load up the carbs. and remember, there is no caffeine in beer and it has plenty of carbs. the GF will wonder why i've been drunk for 2 weeks. now i can tell her that i'm in training for Living Legends...
    Unless we get you on the Keto...

Explain the Keto, I had a nutritionist telling me some things about it, like it would help control diabetes.

Explain the Keto, I had a nutritionist telling me some things about it, like it would help control diabetes.
    I'll hit you up on PM. It is excellent at controlling blood sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    just more evidence the "awards" at these games are bull****. but yeah, whatever.
    Not at Tunaball...maniacmechanic got MVP last year for shootin' fools (including me) all day long. But yeah, most of the time its probably a popularity contest.

Bahhaaaa
    I will stick with water and peanut M & M s .