Thread: Need Help My Minimag Is Shooting Drop Curve Balls!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Help My Minimag Is Shooting Drop Curve Balls!!!

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Minimag off of Ebay as I have been wanting one for over 15 years.
    I finally get it and air it up and to my big surprise it is shooting drop curve paintballs!
    I squeeze the trigger and the paintball comes flying out and at about the 25ft. mark it drops
    making a buzzing noise (ball cutting through the air) straight to the ground.

If anyone can shed some light as to what is happening please help!!!

Here is what I have done already:

1) Used many different barrels both agd and aftermarket, no fix.
    2) Adjusted FPS up and down, no fix.
    3) Used both co2 and compress air, no fix.
    4) Wasted several hundred paintballs trying to fix!

My set up:

Minimag with benchmark 45 grip and benchmark expansion chamber going into remote coil line.
    I have installed a level 10 bolt.

Any help will be majorly appreciated!

Thanx,
    Erdnase

You say you have adjusted the FPS up and down. Try setting it at 280-290 and work from there as this is the typical field limit. Also, what paint are you using? Are the barrels clean? Are you chopping paint? Paint quality can also have a very adverse effect on accuracy.

Oil in the barrel perhaps?

Can you turn it sideways and get some horizontal curve out of it?

MOTY3
    Maybe this^^^.... Mags do need a drop of oil on occasion. Insert directly into the valve air inlet if possible and dry fire a few times without the barrel to clear out any oil that may shoot out.

Hey all,

OPBN, this is not a paint issue, I have oiled the gun, and I'm not chopping paint.

Spider, I'm sure I could.

Flatliner, gun is oiled.

thanx so far, any other suggestions?

Thanx,
    Erdnase

it's the paint and/or the barrel. even if the velocity is too high or too low, the paint should still shoot straight

since it's a minimag, it's using a twist-lock barrel. The older nubbins (aka detents) used to be made of wire before changed to plastic. I don't have any experience with the wire nubbins myself, but is it possible that they could be pushed in too far? possibly damaging the paint?

and definitely double check the cleanliness of the barrel. make sure there's no burrs or anything on the tip that could be affecting the paint too (probably not likely, but worth checking)