Thread: Rear frame screw.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rear frame screw.

What is the size and type of threading on the rear frame screws. I just received a NIB (And it clearly is a brand-new Micromag Rt valve) none of the 6 different frame screws which i have will thread into the valve threading. first-off, I guess I should make sure that the threading is the same as on every other AGD valve. I am pretty sure I would've heard of it was different, but you never really know. Anyways, assuming the threading is the same, what size and type is it, so I make sure to use the correct tapping die tomorrow when I get my tap and die set from my parents house. Also, has anyone ever had a problem like this with a brand-new valve? I thought it was a little odd myself. thanks guys
    Daniel

I would make sure the hole is lined up.
    I don't want to give you the wrong threading, so I cant speak much on that.

It lines up. even trying to thread it in sans rail or body, it seizes up about halfway down the thread, or at least halfway down to where all of my other guns seem to bottom at.

I've never seen one that was not 10-32...

yes make sure that you aren't using a 10-24 screw, as i do know of some bodies that have had the coarser thread on the front. all valve bodies use 10-32 screws.

Well, They are your standard AGD stock rear frame screws, So I doubt all of them are the wrong size. 10-32 tap it is. Thanks Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    yes make sure that you aren't using a 10-24 screw, as i do know of some bodies that have had the coarser thread on the front.

The 10-24 has got to be a screw up, I wonder if it was re-threaded by installing the wrong screw?