So I was drunk and bored the other night and tinkering around with a homemade nerf launcher that I made some time back. Its pretty rudimentary, runs on 12ies and small enough that I can actually holster it or put a strap on it and toss it across my back. Major downfall has always been that it fired by actuating a hand turned ball valve. Works well for what it is. I've contemplated modding it with some sort of electronic valve/handle, etc. Then I got to thinking....

What if you took an old TL barrel, cut it off close to the body, threaded it and attached some sort of plumbing connections so that you can screw on a correct size of PVC pipe onto the end? To eliminate losing the air out of the feedtube, just turn the barrel the other way to block off the feedneck. Has anyone ever tried this? I have several old barrels that I could pretty easily thread to 3/4" or whatever and know the plumbing fittings exist. Any idea why it wouldn't work? Figuring I should be able to just turn the velocity up or down as needed.

Thoughts? I can rough out a layout of what I'm talking about if necessary.