Thread: Xvalve regulator creep persistent problems

fhawkeye Guest

Xvalve regulator creep persistent problems

Xvlalve - level 10 - ULE trigger

So I've been through about 3 entire o-ring rebuild kits over short while. Seems like replacing the o-ring in the cradle fixes it temporarily (for the dayor so) but then next time I go to play: air it up, wait a few minutes, BAM! first shot waaayy hot, then the rest of the shots seem to stay consistent until I wait another minute or so to test it again (unsafe for play ).

When I take it apart the o-ring in the cradle seems to always move a little out of place, could it be that?

Define "Cradle"?

fhawkeye Guest
    the brass regulator seat holder that holds the seal in place. http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...fo&prodId=1870

Quote Originally Posted by fhawkeye View Post
    the brass regulator seat holder that holds the seal in place. http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...fo&prodId=1870

Ok gotcha'. You do realize that a hot first shot is a normal thing with any RT/Xvalve? You are supposed to use those special chronoing procedures that are posted on the AGD website that no one does

Another option would be to use an adjustable output HP tank and lower your output some. That will help a bit with that. If this is an older valve you might consider replacing the reg pin and the reg springs. They could be a little worn if it is, but like I said that first hot shot is a common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Ok gotcha'. You do realize that a hot first shot is a normal thing with any RT/Xvalve? You are supposed to use those special chronoing procedures that are posted on the AGD website that no one does
    I could have sworn the first shot on an RT valve was a lower velocity, and that "shoot up" occurs during rapid fire. The special chrono procedure made it so you chrono using a faster rate of fire, no?

Also OP, yeah it's either the reg seat itself or the reg seat oring. Sounds like you've already tried replacing the oring. I had the same issue with my Xvalve when I first got it.

check the surface the regulator seat is supposed to seal against for dirt/dust/scratches
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

fhawkeye Guest
    Thanks guy, yeah my understanding was the possibility of shoot up while rapid firing with a high input (right now mine is about 750/800). it's generally consistent at 270 then on a bad day after sitting for a few minutes the first shot will be 310+. I'll double check the reg seat holder and the pin.

The Valve is about 7 years old but has been used on the higher side of frequently.

If it keeps up the first thing I'll try is bringing down the output pressure a bit then consider replacing the reg springs if that doesn't work.

First shot hot is usually a sign of a leaking regulator seat oring due to either a bad oring or a blemish in one of the surfaces it seals against. There are other air paths to the front chamber in the valve, but they usually cause chamber air to leak out rather than allow high pressure air to leak in.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by fhawkeye View Post
    Thanks guy, yeah my understanding was the possibility of shoot up while rapid firing with a high input (right now mine is about 750/800). it's generally consistent at 270 then on a bad day after sitting for a few minutes the first shot will be 310+. I'll double check the reg seat holder and the pin.

The Valve is about 7 years old but has been used on the higher side of frequently.

If it keeps up the first thing I'll try is bringing down the output pressure a bit then consider replacing the reg springs if that doesn't work.
    Sounds like the springs might be weak. They are cheap, replace them. Also make sure you replaced the 2 orings on the reg pin if you did not when you did your rebuilds.

fhawkeye Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Sounds like the springs might be weak. They are cheap, replace them. Also make sure you replaced the 2 orings on the reg pin if you did not when you did your rebuilds.
    I believe it, wouldn't hurt to gets some replacements in the mail. Thanks again.