Thread: air line on SHP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

air line on SHP

ok on my mag im using the SHP and this would be the first time i went from tank to valve NO gas through( but might still use one later). what is the best line to use that will feed my mag macro, micro, steel braid....etc

I use macro on most of my Mags. There is thin walled Macroline and thicker walled, I would use the latter. You'll get varying opinions regarding macro vs SS braided lines using and SHP reg. I've never had macro fail.

I've never had macroline fail on me either, though I've heard it's pretty nasty if/when it does. That's why some people will only use steel braided line for high pressures that the SHP outputs.

But I still just use the nice, flexible stuff from Hobbyhorse (macrolineguy.com). Never had a problem, and will continue to use it unless/until I do.

check the burst rating on the macroline. some has it printed on it. so if you are pushing 1000psi+ and the burst rating is 900psi, then you do the math. check and be sure, get the better stuff. just remember, SS braid line doesn't burst and with the right sized heat shrink, it can be colour coded to your gun.

The heavy macroline has an operating pressure of 1k and 3k burst pressure. It'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    The heavy macroline has an operating pressure of 1k and 3k burst pressure. It'll be fine.
    I'm pretty sure that's what Hobbyhorse quoted me on his flexible stuff too. Even though it's more flexible, it's not thin-walled.