Thread: E-LCD Mag (Booyah) frame issues...any help appreciated.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E-LCD Mag (Booyah) frame issues...any help appreciated.

Hey guys,

I have a couple of E-LCD Mag frames. The LCD screens work. The trigger switches work, and the solenoid works.

HOWEVER, the solenoid does not seem strong enough to cause the sear to trip. I HAVE A BRAND NEW BATTERY TOO. It's the same on both frames.

With the frame off, I can press against the solenoid plunger with an allen wrench and pull the trigger to watch the plunger push against the wrench. It doesn't seem strong enough to handle the pressure the on/off pin is applying to the sear. This is with a Classic valve running CA.

Were the solenoids just weak? Were they regularly replaced? Is there an easy fix? Should I send it to Luke?

Any response is appreciated

Sounds correct. You need at least the equivalent of an RT on/off in the valve to lighten the load on the solenoid. Some of these old e-frames came with a new on/off assembly for that reason. BigEvil has tinkered with these, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Sounds correct. You need at least the equivalent of an RT on/off in the valve to lighten the load on the solenoid. Some of these old e-frames came with a new on/off assembly for that reason. BigEvil has tinkered with these, iirc.
    Cool, let's see what others have to say before I pester BigE or Luke

Cant use a regular on/off for it. Either need the Booyah or centerflag specific on/off assembly, or a ULT (which wont run in a classic valve)
    I love booyahh frames, they are fantastic!

bigE told me that the booyaah and centerflag on/off pins are identical to the rt ones. havnt confimed this but I remember him saying this

Try using a RT on/off with a .740 pin. You can also try to use the emag quad oring if that still doesnt work. That noid will have trouble with a classic on/off assembly for sure.