Thread: ULT in a Classic RT

ULT in a Classic RT

As per title has anyone done this?

I know you can mill out the valve but I was wondering if it would be possible to turn the ULT hat down instead?

I don't have a ULT to look at but if its possible I will be purchasing one

You need to mill the valve on-off recess in order to use the ULT in Classic RT. The ULT will not fit otherwise, due to the depth of the hole and the length of the ULT on-off assembly. You can't just turn down the end of the ULT, because the outer oring still needs to be there. It would be milled off if you turned the top end of the ULT down. There isn't enough metal to mill an outer oring recess farther down on the top section of the ULT.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You need to mill the valve on-off recess in order to use the ULT in Classic RT. The ULT will not fit otherwise, due to the depth of the hole and the length of the ULT on-off assembly. You can't just turn down the end of the ULT, because the outer oring still needs to be there. It would be milled off if you turned the top end of the ULT down. There isn't enough metal to mill an outer oring recess farther down on the top section of the ULT.

thought that would be the case I forgot they have the outer oring near the top, I was just thinking for ease might try and make a new ULT top 1st before I mill the valve

Mill the valve. It takes 5 mins and as long as you are careful not to scar the sides of the bore you really can't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Mill the valve. It takes 5 mins and as long as you are careful not to scar the sides of the bore you really can't screw it up.
    Luke just did mine!