Thread: so i now have a tank with a SHP reg...

so i now have a tank with a SHP reg...

... what do I need to do to put together a ridiculously fast mag?

check the on/off pin and see what length it is. if its around .710, then it should give some great reactivity, but each valve and each reg will be different. its a lot of check and see, airing it up each time. you do know you could have asked it over at BEO.

Got an RT-type valve, I hope?

You need a force feeder and some detents that work with it. If the valve has not been RT'ing before, leave the SHP at the stock 1100 psi for a bit until you get the feel of it. Then you may want to pull the shims from the SHP and slow things down. You'll know you got it all balanced out when the cases of paint start disappearing.

I have an old Retro valve with the stock on/off with stock pin (.750 I think), lvl 10 set up with one shim and the biggest carrier...it RT's quite well with my Ninja HP Reg. I haven't messed with the Reg output since buying it. I set it up the valve, played a game with it, and loved the RT effect and could control it without it running away and decided to leave it. The one thing I can recommend that I learned the hard way is to use a force feed hopper when RT'ing, I tried a Revvy one game and it could not keep up at all, switched to a Spire and bingo, back in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    check the on/off pin and see what length it is. if its around .710, then it should give some great reactivity, but each valve and each reg will be different. its a lot of check and see, airing it up each time. you do know you could have asked it over at BEO.
    well yea, but you guys stink and want me to stop eating ice cream and stuff...

its all good my Filipino friend. i'd start by taking down .005" or so and then recheck. then after you get it to were you want it, have some yogurt.