Thread: new body designs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. If people are utilizing the eyes then you could go with a lvl 7 bolt and this would solve that problem. I realize that some people might not run eyes and lvl 10 would be a nice back up but just wondering.
    Truthfully, in my experience running a lvl 7 over a 10 is always a bad idea. Just the weight difference alone is enough to have a drastic difference in kick, and multiply that by a higher rate of fire and it only gets worst. Plus, even to this day, a lvl10 is STILL one of the best bolt systems to use on fragile paint.

If anyone would want to run eyes, I would recommend a lvl 10 with the stock lvl7 spring for the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Truthfully, in my experience running a lvl 7 over a 10 is always a bad idea. Just the weight difference alone is enough to have a drastic difference in kick, and multiply that by a higher rate of fire and it only gets worst. Plus, even to this day, a lvl10 is STILL one of the best bolt systems to use on fragile paint.

If anyone would want to run eyes, I would recommend a lvl 10 with the stock lvl7 spring for the best of both worlds.
    Yeah I didn't think about the weight part of it.

I used to run a level 7 on my egomag with eyes and never missed a beat, even with brittle paint but you cant go wrong with the level 10
    didn't I see somewhere a milled level 7 bolt to make it lighter?

I don't plan on using eyes though hopefully the detents can withstand

I don't plan on using eyes either. I'd like to keep my mag strictly mech. Who knows though, maybe I'll change my mind later on and choose to use eyes. Never know. Nice thing is, the option is there if I choose to use it.

Aren't the spyder and ego fang detents basically the same other than the oval vs round recess? Also arent the spyder detents what is used on a docs adaptor? Has anyone had a problem with them?

My spyder detents came in today for me to mill up my retrofit to get away from wire nubbins in my TL barrels. Only doing one barrel for now as a test dumbie. If all works well I plan to convert my TL freaks to the fang.

Beautiful body BTW. But necesarry parts are money priority to me along with game time. So no flashy body for me.

Looks great Renie - I would be up for one of these