Thread: Am I in the wrong here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Am I in the wrong here?

I was on PBN and saw a revvy for sale in the BST, he had it listed for 25$ and he would handle fees and shipping. I pmmed him and offered 20$, pretty standard as I tend to think that prices are always haggle-able. He says no so I say Ill do the full 25$. he messages back with his paypal and that he'll ship today, so I send him the money, click back on PBN, reply sent, with my address.

I am at work for this so I click off the screen cause my machine stopped cutting and I set up for the next cut. hit go and click open PBN again, he sent me a message saying that he changed his mind about the sale and that someone wanted to pay more then my full price offer and that he was backing out of the sale.

I click off the screen thinking he would issue a refund and go back to work. he did issue me a refund and when that went thru, I went to leave feedback, I issued him neutral feedback as I was neither happy nor mad about the transaction...

I'll let you pick it up from here, I blurred his name... but if you really wanna know, his stuff shouldn't be hard to find

here are screens

I would have definatly left him bad feedback not nuetral. You and he made a deal. You finiished your part. He changed his mind and told you why. Because he is greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

He got off easy with a neutral one.I would have burned his little ass up over it.the deal was made and you paid up enough said.:-)

Well I got my hopper from you today. You didn't hlback out. Haha.

Seriously though. I would have walked away and left no feedback at all. BUT. Neutral feedback he should be happy with considering he flat told you he was backing out for said reason. I can't stand dealing with people like that. When all the dust settles I may wish I had asked more. But if I tell someone its there's till a given date. It will be there's waiting on payment till that day comes and has gone.

Justice is served. My negative feedback was removed. His neutral feedback remains.

*I have seen screen shots of the entire conversation between both of you regarding the sale. What you are saying simply is not true. You backed out of the deal after he already sent payment because you got a higher offer. If you do that then you are liable for negative feedback. You are lucky he only gave you neutral. Leaving him negative, or even neutral, in return is not appropriate at all.

I don't think he should be able to have a mod change or take that off. And yeah he should be happy that you put neutral.

If you are looking for a revi I have one.

I always need revvys

negative feedback was due...you were generous leaving neutral feedback. His feedback for you was uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I always need revvys
    I've got one you can have and it works fine. I use my spire and have another backup so it was sitting out in the shed. Just checked it and it works fine. PM me your address and I can ship it tomorrow morning.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I was on PBN...
    well, there's your problem.

Oh he responded to the moderator's decision by saying I was making it up.

Oh he responded to the moderator's decision by saying I was making it up.
    Making up the screen captions?

What is he..... 12?

Although I'm sure that is possible. no sane person would go to that trouble over a 25 dollar item that they didn't get under legitamet reasons.

I think you were entirely justified leaving neutral feedback - I'd have probably left negative. If he doesn't want bad feedback he shouldn't welch on an agreed deal, sucks to be him. Glad to see the PBN mods came down on your side.

Good for you...

I'm about to deal with a guy I bought a barrel from in "good shape" but seems to have had a file taken to the tip

I meant this screen capture.

I was on PBN and saw a revvy for sale in the BST, he had it listed for 25$ and he would handle fees and shipping. I pmmed him and offered 20$, pretty standard as I tend to think that prices are always haggle-able. He says no so I say Ill do the full 25$. he messages back with his paypal and that he'll ship today, so I send him the money, click back on PBN, reply sent, with my address.

I am at work for this so I click off the screen cause my machine stopped cutting and I set up for the next cut. hit go and click open PBN again, he sent me a message saying that he changed his mind about the sale and that someone wanted to pay more then my full price offer and that he was backing out of the sale.

I click off the screen thinking he would issue a refund and go back to work. he did issue me a refund and when that went thru, I went to leave feedback, I issued him neutral feedback as I was neither happy nor mad about the transaction...

I'll let you pick it up from here, I blurred his name... but if you really wanna know, his stuff shouldn't be hard to find

here are screens

this is just getting better and better. he still has the item and can take a timestamped picture. worth has been proven at more then he listed so therefore he is still in the right and no mods should be involved

I just read " in case, moral and something else besides rules ..".

You cannot have rules on this site and and allow things to happen on the side.

Making excuses, or adjustments on the fly is wrong. And item is not sold. I had higher offer therefore his is no longer the higher offer.

Item is still in my position. And has not been sold. The higher value price I was offered showed me my item was for sale at a DIRT price. So I Was not gonna sell it anymore for $25. Therefore I removed it from my thread. I can send pix with timestamps days from now with item still in position. I'm pointing it out its wrong for you guys to adjust ANYTHING.

It's a transaction nonetheless and both party's are aloud to share .. How am I wrong? Deal is between him and I as u keep pointing out now. So I'd appreciate it if you stopped removing my feedback for others

OOOHHH now he's called the mods pigs. Come on John... BAN HIS A$$!!!!!

~put fingers in ears to muffle mod explosion~

seriously he posted this publicly...

And I would now like to add they blocked me from leaving feedback on a "transaction"

They are not following or backing up the rules. I am getting answers that are not within the rules so I am unsure how this site is ran. This is my first incounter with mods on here and if they dont know the rules then I feel it is not safe to do any more business on this site.

Seeing how I can not leave because I have current sales in the mail and NEED to stay contact I will not say what needs to be said HOW it needs to be said. But in short, mods involved are no different then the pigs that abuse power and do not know/follow the rules

I could not help myself, I'm going after the revvy.

its not for sale anymore

and please stop

Mod John on the Attack!

You are on thin ice here. Let me be very clear.

Do not leave feedback again for this deal unless it is a glowing positive response.

You accepted money for an item you did not ship. This means you can receive feedback (in the rules). You did not ship it, so you may not leave retaliatory feedback (also in the rules).

If you leave feedback for this deal again, you will be infracted or even banned.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I could not help myself, I'm going after the revvy.
    biker sends you his thanks

Hahaha, 4 pages? No one got time for dat.

Honestly, I've mediated more paintball feedback than anyone else in the world at this point since we have so much of it built up now. We can't help everyone since we don't see most the products, but this one is easy. You paid, he changed his mind. He refunded you, which is good, but he can't leave feedback that isn't positive for you.

Since you paid, you can leave him accurate feedback that says what happened and includes you were refunded, which you did. And a neutral is pretty fair.

Since he backed out after you paid, he can't leave you retaliatory negative or even neutral feedback since you did pay. Since he's tried more than once and hasn't understood a subtle hint, we were more direct. If he'd backed out before you paid, then neither one of you would be able to leave feedback on PbNation.

I agree, and so far all 3 mods on this agree on the fact that when he told me "nevermind" it was impossible for me to see that until after I had sent it, via the timestamps

This left by him:
    John you have not supplied a link to any rule saying this. I have read them over countless times that are posted in the gear bag sales forum.

Paypal is not my back account.

Again stop treating it as if money was in my position for 24hours or more. It was literally 3-7 mins and only reason it wasnt refunded in 2sec. Or denied acceptance is

1) there's no "accept" "decline" button in PayPal only refund (so I used it)

2) most important. I was at the post office delivering hackattacks package which I have a receipt with time and date on it to prove I was not by my computer.

Otherwise I would have sent 30+ PMS saying Dont.

I have followed all the rules accept for "morals?" Which the other mod has stated. Again if I'm not breaking rules how am I going to get an infraction or a ban. (Obviously you will do it) but what wrong doing is being committed? If you are calling this a transaction. I'm allowed to leave feedback on feedback given.

Why are mods not aware of the rules on the b/s/t forum?
    (Mods abusing power) gear bag forum rules have been followed and I have not broken a single one.

This guy however abused the feedback system and mods involved are permitting it. And forcing mine to be taken down.

This is a TRANSACTION to them, therefore both partys are aloud to give feedback.

Well, I'd hope the other two agreed with me. I wrote the rules and run the site...

you couldnt possible know the rules as youre only a pig who abuses his power