Thread: And then there were 2.... kind of.

And then there were 2.... kind of.

Name:  DSCN9042.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  112.0 KB

So here is where I am at with my camo splash saga.

I started with a "kit" that ended up being pcs from 3 separate kits and some pieces didn't match. I then purchased a second kit that came in more complete, but the colors were darker than the first kit and the barrel was cut. ugh. I purchased a 3rd marker with a sight rail and barrel in the pattern, neither of which is particularly in great condition and still a darker shade than the original kit, but here are the two semi finished markers. Still need to find a bottom line for the top one, may just put a modern CP or other on it and leave it and obviously need to install the metal trigger and safety in the frame. Also still going to send the barrel on the bottom out to have a brass tip milled into it. Barrel has already been cut so don't worry I am not destroying a virgin barrel or anything.

This leaves me with an Eclipse sight rail and tourney lock that I guess I need to find a rail and vasa for....

Good looking family of sneaky camo pumps...

If they weren't tri-color camo, SN_Toter might be able to do a good job of mimicking the splash on the pump rod for the AGD kit, and maybe also the grip.

Yeah I would love to get some parts color matched, but think its a crap shoot to be honest. And I've already spent way too much chasing the perfect camo splash kit. I don't even want to think about exactly how much I have spent buying 3 markers to get where I am.

It goes from being an Automag enthusiast, to a disease, except the one inflicted doesn't recognize it till the bank account gets low.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    It goes from being an Automag enthusiast, to a disease, except the one inflicted doesn't recognize it till the bank account gets low.

PP account maybe. I don't play with REAL money.... I have my money and then I have Paintballs Money. The two never mix anymore. Or at least rarely and one pays the other back.

But yeah, I have purchased three separate markers to try and build one full set and still missing pieces due to color variations in the ano patterns. It's exhausting. At least the last two pieces came in a package deal that I can at least sell for what I paid for it and then some to make up some of the loss, but right now I am almost $600 deep into trying to get the pieces together. May be time to cut bait and run.