View Poll Results: Spyder Etrigger or ESP internals

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the Etrigger SpyderMag Frame.

3 8.11%
  • I prefer the ESP SpyderMag frame.

1 2.70%
  • Either would work for me.

33 89.19%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spydermag Conversion Frame

Spydermag Conversion Frame

I’m starting a new thread because I can’t add a poll to the original.

The idea I have in mind is to machine a new Spyder-Mag grip frame, you purchase a Spyder Etrigger or ESP frame, strip the parts and reassemble on my frame.

The only part I would supply, initially anyway is the grip frame, nothing else, the rest would be Spyder parts. If the market supported it I could in the future make some accessories.

This would not require any modifications; the only tinkering involved would be the assembly of the parts.

I've had plans to do these since I stopped do the Spydermag conversions years ago but the project hass been on hold until I got the cnc.

The design will be dictated by the Spyder parts and of course the working geometry of the Mag.
    Last edited by luke; 04-19-2014 at 12:37 AM.

ive never used either so im guessing both will work for me.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    ive never used either so im guessing both will work for me.
    He who dies with the most toys wins ?

Last edited by going_home; 02-28-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Are you open to any input ideas / wants or are you set on how you want to do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

lol

I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Are you open to any input ideas / wants or are you set on how you want to do it ?
    Sure, what are you thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I always thought the people that get the toys of the guy that 'just died with the most' win.

Intriguing. Put me down as interested.

Just a rough guesstimate, what do you think the price point would be on the frame you would make? I would be interested for sure but was wondering if I should be saving my bottle return money now or later. LOL

he cant put prices here but u should save now lol

Just thinking about what different things people have been wanting lately. Maybe combine it all into one frame. I realize you probably would like to be able to use it with your rails or whatever other rail someone might want...but.. I was hoping for something short and compact(AM/MM length) , with a built in rail and foregrip, and maybe an air channel through the grip alla "Ravishingeddie" style with threaded air ports on either side for 90% macro fittings for an almost hoseless look.

Some day I'll own another electo, and it might be a mag, but...

The e frame is semi burst and auto...

Not familiar with the esp, does it have ramping?

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    Just a rough guesstimate, what do you think the price point would be on the frame you would make? I would be interested for sure but was wondering if I should be saving my bottle return money now or later. LOL
    lol, No way to tell, it's simply an idea at this point.

Yes, the Etrigger has 3 firing modes:
    Semi Auto
    Full Auto
    Burst Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    Not familiar with the esp, does it have ramping?
    I don't think so, but I'm not supplying anything but the frame, put whatever board you want in it.

Aftermarket spyder boards are cheap.. even virtue ones... Spyder replacement noids are cheap. You could potentially build a pretty kick ass frame for a decent price.

"I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Aftermarket spyder boards are cheap.. even virtue ones... Spyder replacement noids are cheap. You could potentially build a pretty kick ass frame for a decent price.
    Hmmn...

This is... Interesting

I'll have to look into that...

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Just thinking about what different things people have been wanting lately. Maybe combine it all into one frame. I realize you probably would like to be able to use it with your rails or whatever other rail someone might want...but.. I was hoping for something short and compact(AM/MM length) , with a built in rail and foregrip, and maybe an air channel through the grip alla "Ravishingeddie" style with threaded air ports on either side for 90% macro fittings for an almost hoseless look.
    I won't discount any ideas, but my initial plan was to put an affordable Eframe platform on the market. Spyder parts are very cheap new and ridiculously inexpensive used. All the extras added to the frame will just drive the cost up. If i keep things simple I'm thinking you guys will be pretty stoked about the cost to build one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I won't discount any ideas, but my initial plan was to put an affordable Eframe platform on the market. Spyder parts are very cheap new and ridiculously inexpensive used. All the extras added to the frame will just drive the cost up. If i keep things simple I'm thinking you guys will be pretty stoked about the cost to build one of these.
    I'm getting all tinglely.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I think you're on to something here...

Cheap, readily available parts and aftermarket boards, with a nicely machined frame... at a reasonable cost I'd likely pick one up.

hell yeah

If we build with parts, rather than a frame, we will need grip panels. Iirc, the thing that makes spydermags feasible is the large solenoid which begs for relieved or pocketed grip panels.

Let's see a cad!

I have a clone frame sitting here from a PB Silver Bullet. Wondering how transferable the parts would be? Perhaps a dumb question but would the frame use the existing Spyder trigger or would it have a new one?

"Originally Posted by luke":
    The only part I would supply, initially anyway is the grip frame, nothing else, the rest would be Spyder parts. If the market supported it I could in the future make some accessories.
    Initially, the plan was to keep it as cheap as possible, so the intent was to do the frame only, everything else was to be Spyder parts. I can of course do triggers and grips but the price will go up. That said, I vote to make a bunch of parts. If I do grips and triggers they won't be optional parts the frame will be sold as a kit, you couldn't opt out of individual parts. It's up to you guys what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Let's see a cad!
    Lets get the LPRFG project going before I start this one.

Not to mention we need to run this idea through some discussion so I know what to focus on. CAD's are a great deal of work, going in one direction then having to start over is very frustrating to say the least.

Im down especially if based on those mini 90 frames you made last year.

just to throw this out there... Luke, can you make a frame that's a little wider that is completely open on the inside, THEN make inserts that drop into the frame for different applications?

so I buy a frame and wanna put spyder inerds in it so I buy your spyder kit and it includes a luke frame insert that mounts everything

then later I get an ego board and want to use that, instead of buying a new frame, I just buy a new insert that holds and ego board, a battery and a ram.

then later I get mad at batteries and want a pnuemag so I buy your pnue kit and it drops in as well

do you get what I'm saying?

To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

I'd be at least interested, might just come down to how it looks and to personal aesthetic considerations, for which there is, of course, no accounting