Thread: WTB ugly but functional classic valve

WTB ugly but functional classic valve

A new project has come up and I'm looking for the ugliest, nastiest, most externally abused classic 'mag valve I can find. Uglier is better, so long as it is cosmetic.

The one condition is that it has to be fully function-able. Missing internal parts are fine, so long as both halves are present and there is no structural damage that renders the valve incapable of functioning properly in a marker.

Use good judgment.

If you found a valve while diving in the ocean and the internals are so corroded that nothing will seal, or if you've poured molten brass or lead into the dump chamber, or the valve halves have stripped threads, or the power tube was used to pry open a tree trunk, or you dropped a safe on it, sorry, not interested.

But if you've got a valve that works just fine but is badly nicked, dinged, scratched, scuffed, scraped, sanded, abraded, etched, chipped, gouged, wiped, fouled, rusted, pitted, defiled, defaced, grooved, carved, beaten, used, and abused, and you've been wanting to get rid of it but were too ashamed to list it, here's your chance.

It may prove to be easier to buy a "normal" condition classic valve and intentionally damage it yourself. Those stainless steel valves are built like a rock (stronger than many rocks actually).

I agree with splat. But I'm curious to see what he is building with this haha. This gonna be the rat rod of mags?

I pm'd you on MCB already.

OPBN,

I got no pms. But I'll pm you just in case.

As for your question, blackdeath, no rat rods. Just some tests that may not do the valve any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    OPBN,

I got no pms. But I'll pm you just in case.

As for your question, blackdeath, no rat rods. Just some tests that may not do the valve any good.
    Still intrigued. Haha.

I have an old classic valve that I am selling:

https://automags.org/forums/showthrea...Stuff-for-sale

Thanks one and all. I have found what I'm looking for.