Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
Got another crazy printing idea that may just work. If you pay attention to my blabbering, you may know that I just "finished" a Z body pump mag. By finished I mean made it functional, and it's a whole hell of a lot of fun.

An idea struck me. What about making a "classic feed" for where the powertube attaches. The body uses as a dovetailed, removable powerfeed setup. If I can go with a classic feed, I can easily bolt on a very low profile stick feed. Biggest problem is that I'm drawing up a product with a market of one buyer (I think). Then again, I thought 3D printing was all about the capacity to do one offs and rapid prototypes?

So I took to my free CAD software and came up with this. I'm pretty sure this is a printable part, no?

Name:  Z Body Classic Feed.png
Views: 140
Size:  68.8 KB

I also made one with a fully revolved and extruded 12 round tube, but that might not be possible to print because of dimensions and geometry? See below.

Name:  Z Bod Feed 2.png
Views: 96
Size:  94.6 KB

And one last crazy idea. Cram and jam, with an tapered cram receiver. It's cramming on a 10° angle up and out.

Name:  Z Cram Jam.png
Views: 123
Size:  104.1 KB
Yeah its a good idea.
I have the same idea already in my drawing file. Just waiting to get the shop back up to do some testing.