Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automag Valve On/Off Reference

This is fantastic! Sticky-worthy for sure!

anyone know anything about the one of the left. stock is on the right.

Its a booyah on off
    works good, i never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    anyone know anything about the one of the left.
    yeah, booyah or centerflag. there is a picture of one in this thread. speaking of pictures, the pictures you posted in here earlier this year are missing.

Normally I am on MCB, but I recently picked up a reactor from sk8ermog and learned a bit from him as well. A co-worker just gave me his old mag to check over for him and rebuild it. He told me it had some special "wizard valve" in it but he didn't know any more about it. I know some guys mentioned them before here but there are missing pics in the thread. So here are pics of what I was told was a wizard valve.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

This is in a classic L7 valve. It makes the pull noticeably lighter. But it is pretty easy to short stroke.

Looks like the top is from a centerflag hyperframe on/off. Any on/off with a small pin head like that will easily short stroke in a classic. Maybe you should just buy a hyperframe from me

That's Venom wizard valve on off top. Works just like normal on off top but is made from titanium(at least that's what I recall) and theoretically higher flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Looks like the top is from a centerflag hyperframe on/off. Any on/off with a small pin head like that will easily short stroke in a classic. Maybe you should just buy a hyperframe from me
    i seem to recall the centerflag on/off top looking more like the rt on/off top. i'll have to take a look at it the next time i have it apart (if i can even get it apart).

Lol. I don't think I need a fast mag. Unless it happens to be in crazy black splash. That valve is brass by the way. The rest on the on/off assembly is stock.

You're right, it was the "Thunder" bolt that was partly titanium. Wizard valve is brass, though colored to black when not worn. This is mine from -96 when Venom was sponsoring our team.
    Attached Images Attached Images