Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Automag Valve On/Off Reference

This is fantastic! Sticky-worthy for sure!

anyone know anything about the one of the left. stock is on the right.

Its a booyah on off
    works good, i never had a problem

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    anyone know anything about the one of the left.
    yeah, booyah or centerflag. there is a picture of one in this thread. speaking of pictures, the pictures you posted in here earlier this year are missing.

Normally I am on MCB, but I recently picked up a reactor from sk8ermog and learned a bit from him as well. A co-worker just gave me his old mag to check over for him and rebuild it. He told me it had some special "wizard valve" in it but he didn't know any more about it. I know some guys mentioned them before here but there are missing pics in the thread. So here are pics of what I was told was a wizard valve.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  97.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  117.7 KB

This is in a classic L7 valve. It makes the pull noticeably lighter. But it is pretty easy to short stroke.

Looks like the top is from a centerflag hyperframe on/off. Any on/off with a small pin head like that will easily short stroke in a classic. Maybe you should just buy a hyperframe from me

That's Venom wizard valve on off top. Works just like normal on off top but is made from titanium(at least that's what I recall) and theoretically higher flow.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Looks like the top is from a centerflag hyperframe on/off. Any on/off with a small pin head like that will easily short stroke in a classic. Maybe you should just buy a hyperframe from me
    i seem to recall the centerflag on/off top looking more like the rt on/off top. i'll have to take a look at it the next time i have it apart (if i can even get it apart).

Lol. I don't think I need a fast mag. Unless it happens to be in crazy black splash. That valve is brass by the way. The rest on the on/off assembly is stock.

You're right, it was the "Thunder" bolt that was partly titanium. Wizard valve is brass, though colored to black when not worn. This is mine from -96 when Venom was sponsoring our team.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What on/off is this? It looks like something that was in post 29.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    regular on/off bottom; some modified on/off top. i have one like that...it just looks like an old on/off top that's had the "cross" enlarged.

Does anyone know how many shims are supposed to be in the stock ULT?

Quote Originally Posted by ideinit View Post
    Does anyone know how many shims are supposed to be in the stock ULT?
    It depends on the tolerance of the parts you have installed. Usually 3 is good place to start. If it works good, leave it at that. If you want to tweak your setup, add shims one at a time until you get bolt stick or an over reactive trigger. Then remove the last shim.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    some on/offs i've come across so far:

from left to right: older classic on/off top (side and bottom views). newer classic on/off top. stainless check-it on/off top. brass smart parts on/off top...the cross cut was deepened, and wraps all the way around the on/off top. stainless hsi reactor on/off. next is a galactic-z on/off with automag pin (i also have the rt pin). finally, an rt on/off.

I think mine came with a AGD RT/Emag On/Off, should i just put back the stock one?

Quote Originally Posted by juit View Post
    I think mine came with a AGD RT/Emag On/Off, should i just put back the stock one?
    What valve is it? I assume it is a classic valve. It really doesn't matter if the assembly is complete. A retro on-off will work fine in a classic valve and will provide a lighter trigger pull. You have to make sure all the assembly is there. If the retro on-off isn't working or not all there, then you can put the standard one back in.

It really really loks like the rt, same top and pin

Does anyone recognize the on/off on the left? I know the one on the right is a reactor. I got a bit of a project minimag with the classic valve and a pile of parts.

Looks like a classic on/off but I don't recognize the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Top on the left is a reactor top.

Never seen a bottom like the one on the left.

I have the hsi stainless reactor on/off, I'm confused about the configuration it goes into the valve, 3 out of ten shots will be normal, the rest will be double burps or something weird, maybe it's not installed correctly, nothing online shows the correct configuration of assembly for that valve, what could my problem be?

Nvm found that the trigger pin was to far out, had to screw it in a few more turns, shoots great, I also have the early 6 hole drilled model in the back half of the valve. I remember paying a guy to do it, def fixed my drop off shots

Would anyone be willing to update the photos? I'm trying to figure out which ones I have

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trbo323 View Post
    Would anyone be willing to update the photos? I'm trying to figure out which ones I have

it would probably be faster for you to post pics of the ones you have and let the experts tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    it would probably be faster for you to post pics of the ones you have and let the experts tell you.
    Can't until this weekend at the earliest

And some updated photos would help future "what do I have-ers" as well

I think it's one of the agd ones not a PL but it's next to impossible to find comparison photos with them all next to each other on the internet at large

While specific photos from the one asking about an on/off will be more effective in each case, I wholeheartedly support any attempt at updating the photos in this thread, or any stickied tech thread really. Personally I find it mildly annoying whenever a stickied thread is lacking information from missing photos, and/or broken links. I would assume that is is an annoyance for others as well.

Regarding on/offs, I hava a bunch of different ones in storage, that I can take photos of, after locating them in the layers of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsson View Post

Regarding on/offs, I hava a bunch of different ones in storage, that I can take photos of, after locating them in the layers of stuff.
    That would be awesome

Ok finally, tell me what I have here

That looks like a standard AGD on/off for the Automag/Minimag valve. Missing the top, however. The newer (since mid 90-ties) looks like this:
    Name:  000141-2.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  28.8 KB