Thread: So i built a "Magpup"

So i built a "Magpup"

This project has been cooking for quite some time, i think its finally getting to a point worth sharing! I love bullpup designs, i've been trying to figure out how i wanted to go about stuffing an mag into a bullpup format for a while now.

Here is what i came up with:

And because everyone loves build pictures, here are a few pics from the creation process:

Nice work....thats a very LONG barrel, where did you get it?

ha, yea the barrel is more than a little rediculous... its a 23" stiffi barrel. I posted a WTB thread over on MCB a while back to acquire one for this project on the cheap.

I remember you tracking down that long stiffi barrel on x7og. I wonder how you'd utilize that in a project, and now I know. Thumbs up for a unique build.

Although it does bring a tear, almost borderline sacrilegious, to cut up my favorite.....the Metadyne m68. I love old Metadyne stuff and those are hard to come by. Kudos for integrating and blending the tactical/high tech with the classic wood look. Nice job!

I wanna see the sear linkage!

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    didnt you notice the block that holds the pnue ram?

Nice job.

What is the shroud/rail setup off of?

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I remember you tracking down that long stiffi barrel on x7og. I wonder how you'd utilize that in a project, and now I know. Thumbs up for a unique build.

Although it does bring a tear, almost borderline sacrilegious, to cut up my favorite.....the Metadyne m68. I love old Metadyne stuff and those are hard to come by. Kudos for integrating and blending the tactical/high tech with the classic wood look. Nice job!
    If it makes you feel any better i did feel a bit guilty cutting it up I no longer have any A5s however and i didnt want it to go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    didnt you notice the block that holds the pnue ram?
    I have it cut out to fit the Hill Pnue block, but i did end up going with a direct sear linkage. It should be quite straightfoward to convert to Pneu in the futur
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Nice job.

What is the shroud/rail setup off of?
    It was originally for a Tippmann A5, as mentioned i believe it was a metadyne M68 shroud.
    Last edited by sQuidvision; 03-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Did you ever get that Ripclip-mag adapter working? Seems like it would be tucked nicely out of the way on the right side, minimal mask interference.

damn good memory Nanotech, yea i did get it working, ended selling it what seems like a few years ago now. I do agree that a warp right would help significantly with this setup.

hell has it been that long since you sold your rip clip adapter? i remember you showing it to me over at special forces. but i dint make it out at all last year.....

Nice work. Looks clean.