Thread: A.O.posting dummy here

A.O.posting dummy here

OK where is the thread for A.O. for dummy's? Ya see Imageshack has gone all Faceplant and social media and I can't seem to load pics of my stuff anymore. Not being one to drop my drawers in public I never got into the social media stuff. So whats the best way to post pics of my stuff anymore? A tutorial in A.O. working would help. I also like to post big pic's so you guy's can see what I'm talking about. Help a brother out! Also I'm A trekie not a techy so please keep explanations down to the moron level.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Photobucket seems decent and provides all the necessary code to attach images to forum posts in one click.

There's a thread in the armory section that shows how to host and post pictures on the forums. Alternatively, you can just attach them and have AO host them for viewing.

I still use imageshack and don't have an issue with it. I don't know what you mean about it going all social media on us.

There's a big "upload" button at the top of their page for getting a picture hosted, and when you click on an image you want to share there's a big "get links and image sizes" button.
    Click on that and you can choose the size you want from a dropdown list, then select "forum" under the type list, and copy/paste the resulting text.

They used to have the "Share" button click pick a size and go. then all I found was face twit and the rest for share. I have now been enlightened, educated and shown the true path. Thanks to everyone.

If it's just a quick image you need to post I would use http://imgur.com/. you don't even need to make and account if you don't want too.

I've just always used photobucket .

Just put the .jpg file in between [img] and [/img] and your picture will show up .

(I'm guessing img stands for image file)