Thread: AGD Operations

AGD Operations

Is AGD still having parts manufactured or is it surviving on old inventory?

TK mentioned in another thread that rail extrusion tooling, warp molds, etc were 'gone', I was wondering if they were destroyed and if so, why?

I know that about a year or so back they suddenly had a bunch more reverse x valves. I think they had a batch of them made but I guess they could have just been a batch that they just discovered among their inventory.

They still make new parts. From what I understand the extruder who did the rails slugs went out of business and all of the dies went with it.

If any of the previous AGD vendors went belly up, why couldn't the parts be farmed out to a different shop?

Quote Originally Posted by the123 View Post
    If any of the previous AGD vendors went belly up, why couldn't the parts be farmed out to a different shop?
    In respect to extrusion dies and (warp) molds, they are fairly expensive to have made.

Perhaps another larger company bought out that shop and they still exist somewhere. If we knew the name of the company that handled the molds, maybe we can track them down. Probably not easy but worth it for the sake of never ending AGD parts.

Quote Originally Posted by the123 View Post
    Perhaps another larger company bought out that shop and they still exist somewhere. If we knew the name of the company that handled the molds, maybe we can track them down. Probably not easy but worth it for the sake of never ending AGD parts.
    try SAPA they are pretty big.
    google is your friend my friend.