Thread: paintball pants 101? for men and women?

paintball pants 101? for men and women?

Wife loves playing. And in the few games she has played has caught on quick. But so far she has taken 2 thy hits that have swelled up and got a nasty shade of purple. I have tried to look at pants and am overwhelmed with all the crap spouted out in text. But no real detail
    I'm probably gonna get a pair to as it can't hurt to have a little padding.

My question is. I don't want to buy pants that look like Rickey racer. Looking for something preferably in a somewhat digital camo style for scenario play. With thy padding. And wont fall apart. Can someone throw me a bone. OH! And I'd rather not pay a small fortune. I don't expect them to be cheap. But not the price of a new mag.

Have you looked at paintball padded compression shorts/paintball sliding shorts, check eBay they range from $40-70. Or you can buy baseball sliding shorts much cheaper but not as much padding, hope that helps you a little.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Have you looked at paintball padded compression shorts/paintball sliding shorts, check eBay they range from $40-70. Or you can buy baseball sliding shorts much cheaper but not as much padding, hope that helps you a little.
    I'll tell the wife. I've looked at some valken and BT pants I really like. But the have padded hip only. Not thy.

Planet Eclipse makes some great pants. A bit pricey, but the quality is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    Planet Eclipse makes some great pants. A bit pricey, but the quality is outstanding.
    Do they have padding in the thy though? That seams to be my biggest catch.

And also thought they only had tournament style cloths. Didn't think they did scenario style.

For me : Dye slide shorts + army trousers

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Do they have padding in the thy though? That seams to be my biggest catch.

And also thought they only had tournament style cloths. Didn't think they did scenario style.
    I don't like having separate knee pads,sliders etc..etc... more to carry,more to clean and in my case,more to lose

PE has a line of camo jerseys/pants.

That said,I would second the PE pant suggestion...They are padded in the hip and thigh areas with some of the thickest knee pads out there.. lots of bounces Used them for 2 seasons and counting.The quality IS outstanding. Mine are black and not the least bit flashy but I got them new for 50 bucks from a guy at the field so,yeah.
    But I'd say the best plan is to hit a pro shop and have the lil' lady try some different pairs on.

-Best of luck

The best part of my pants are that they are baggy. I loaned a pair to my son's girlfriend; I have to say she filled them out way differently. She had no baggy thighs or butt for protection. Baggy nylon goes a long way, but it's hard to find in female dimensions, especially in bagginess that they are willing to wear.

I'd say go with the slider shorts and then you can wear whatever you want over them.

The baggieness of paintball pants does help to almost absorb the impact. I do find that this only works while standing. When I kneel my pants tend to sit much closer to my thigh which stops the baggieness.

Where oh where is Capo for a question like this?

Spider. Is it wrong to instantly have images of a hot athletic 20 something chick wearing paintball pants now thanks to you?

Seriously though. Most all the shots she takes is crouched down. So baggy pants won't solve the issue. Since she doesn't have any pants to wear when playing anyway her options are to buy a pair of real paintball pants with the right padding. Or sew a pair of pants together with padding and flex where she wants it.

normally, the thighs tend to be neglected when it comes to significant padding in pants. like others have said, prob best to use a combo of the slider shorts and pants.

Scenario style clothing...

Planet Eclipse.

Click on the link, and it breaks everything down on what the pants offer. I think you'll like it.

It says that the crotch area is padded, but the pants are pretty thick overall. Plenty of protection. The best way, is to just see the pants for yourself in person.

Thanks. I was looking at there leftover 2010 models on ansgear. Reviews commented about thy padding.

There are not any pro shops I know of within reasonable distance for us to go window shop. Everything is a research and order ordeal when you live in BFE.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    and BT pants I really like.
    I do try to please

The only pants I can think of that have padding going up the thigh are the old Redz pants. I have a pair and can take pictures if you would like. Most pants offer padding to the knee not the thighs. That is why some sort of padded undershorts are probably better.

Depending on how big you need the pants to be I may be willing to sell you my Redz pants.

I've got a sneaking suapission that she is gonna get a pair of paintball pants that have the stretch panels in the right spots. And then make use of that 2 grand sewing machine taking up residence on the coffie table. Looking at where she is wanting the padding....... She is difficult.