Thread: agd 6-pak

agd 6-pak

ive been trying to gather some info to get mine fininished up, thought i would go ahead and post some stuff hopefully this stuff can be added to the archive section.

im currently missing the check valve and the t-handle

t handle dimensions are 7/32" OD x 1 3/4 " length

check valve im told uses the same internals as a classic valve reg piston but has a different screw.

plug screw is 3/8"- 24 unsure of the length

can someone take some pics of the check valve from their's please?

here is some pics of mine:

pics of the info:

maintenance vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eycTV9iYfl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCl2MuNvzAQ

I can take apart my Micro CA2 and take some pictures. I'm guessing that the check valve is the same on both of them.

there is a blowup of this on their website under manuals and stuff.
    I think.

Funny they give all dimensions in metric, yet the roll pin is Standard American.
    And every hardware store I can drive to has those pins in a drawer for about $0.28 each....

I took the back-check out of mine, I found it was slowing down recharge time. That was years ago, but I remember the spring was the same as the one in the power tube (I could be wrong - that was mid-90's and my memory plays tricks on me) FWIW, the one I have is serial #0040.
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

pics would be great. i haven'f found a local hardware store that had a 7/32" roll pin or a 3/8" plug small enough and was about to order them on mcmastercarr.

Looking good guys! I'll wait a few more days and publish this in the AO Archives.

on wow thats awesome! My brother and i always wanted one of these when we were younger. I lost my brother to a car accident when i was 16. Some day ive gotta get my hands on one of these....just because.

This is what the check valve on my Micro CA2 looks like in the order the parts came out.

The spring and seal don't match anything in any of my Automag parts kits. The seal is a hard plastic and the approximate dimensions are below. I took the measurements with a caliper not a micrometer so they might not be exact.

Jam Nut, 3/8"-24 x 3/16"

Spring width, 5/16"
    Spring length uncompressed, 3/8"
    Spring length compressed, a little under 1/8"

Bearing, 5/16"

Seal outside, .32
    Seal inside, .15
    Seal thickness, .05
    Last edited by BLachance75; 04-07-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added additional measurements

What's the length of the jam screw?

I was thinking about making one similar to this.

I'll measure it later tonight, I already left for the day.

anyone know where i can get a 7/32" x 1 3/4" roll pin with out having to buy 100 on mcmastercarr?

also does anyone else have any other check valve setups? im looking at making one and not sure how i want to go about doing it.

Totally forgot to measure the jam nut, will do it tomorrow. I also have a small hardware store down the street that has all sorts of small random nuts/bolts/screws and such that you can buy singles of. I'll check tomorrow while out and about.

i talked to my local tech that just helped swamphawk with his micro ca

he used a 3/8-24 setscrew and drilled a hole in it and then used the mag piston pin and spring.

i had a similar thought but using a jam screw and a conical spring. hoping to get less shoot down since people said that was a problem in the past.
    let me know what you can find.

here is what im looking for though

first a 7/32" x 1 3/4" roll pin in black

3/8" - 24 x 3/16" jam/ hollow set screw

last ones a bit harder

conical spring
    small id of .1"
    large od between 3/16 - 3/8
    length under .5"

My jam nut is 3/16" tall. I updated my other post with the jam nut info and the spring measurements.

I also was able to get you the roll pin, and myself a backup. No luck on your tapered spring but I can check to see if they have a 5/16" spring that is similar to mine that you could cut down. For the jam nut the best thing they had would be a 3/8-24 set screw that is 3/8" long and you would have to cut it or drill the inside out. If you want one let me know and I'll grab one for you.

awesome. i think i may end up going with the classic pin and spring setup. it sure will be alot cheaper. i have a couple of the 3/8 screws ill see if i can cut them down when im in the shop tonight.

PM me your address and I'll send you the roll pin

While organizing my parts bin and putting stuff away I found what appears to be a match to the oring in the check system. I believe the CCI bucket changer pierce pin seal is a match or at least a close match. I haven't had any luck with matching the spring but will keep looking.

I was informed by Slim on MCB that my setup is actually a custom one off that was in one of his Micro CA2s. It works very reliably for me so if you want to try an alternative to the original it is something to look into.

He did also send me this pic of the stock check valve.

Name:  lwvj.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  22.6 KB

of course i was super slammed in the shop today and didn't get a chance to cut up one of those screws. still not sure if i want to go with the pin spring method or go with the ball bearing like you did.

note: classic reg piston, screw,spring,seal do not fit. seal could be cut down but spring and screw are the wrong size.

I'll send you a CCI pierce pin seal as well if you want to try something similar to my setup. Then you can find a soft spring and a bearing.

we have a bunch at the local shop they are cci dealer. im looking at pricing some bearings and screws and all.

didnt look very cost effective to try and order any bulk springs,bearings,etc.
    Last edited by captian pinky; 04-08-2014 at 06:14 AM.

went ahead and ordered 5/16" ball bearings 100 count as well as 25 count 3/8"- 24 x 3/16"

now to find springs.