Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LPR-Foregrip

Thanks, guess I'll go over and ask XMT since I can't see the inside of his rail lol

My guess is it wont have it. The real question is if there is room for it. Having it machined for airline is not a big obstacle.

Does anyone have any pictures of these mounted (or maybe held in place)? It's hard to get a good idea for how they look.

Also, was that an offer to throw in some milling luke?

Put me down for a curved one. Pm me an invoice for MO.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Does anyone have any pictures of these mounted (or maybe held in place)? It's hard to get a good idea for how they look.

Also, was that an offer to throw in some milling luke?
    Go through this whole thread for pictures.

lol, forgot the link>
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...7-LPR-Foregrip
    Last edited by luke; 04-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.

What are the dimensions of the top of the foregrip where it attaches to the rail? I'm just trying to figure out overhang on my project rail.

Alright The planets have aligned and Saturn is at equinox, where are all the 56 peeps?

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Alright The planets have aligned and Saturn is at equinox, where are all the 56 peeps?
    I thought for sure that this thread would have more interest since the LPR-FG is in production. There's lots of interest, and while some people might not have the funds yet, I'm sure there's others that are waiting to see how the finished product pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    I thought for sure that this thread would have more interest since the LPR-FG is in production. There's lots of interest, and while some people might not have the funds yet, I'm sure there's others that are waiting to see how the finished product pans out.
    it pans out great mine works like a dream.
    but I don't have it mounted up anymore.

hooked it up tested it, and bam good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I'm mailing a check tomorrow. So there's one more....

Kinda surprised there isn't more activity as well.

I'd be allover this, the price is great and the item looks good, my only issue is how it may look on a full rail marker, I've seen it mounted in the other thread flush with the end of the rail and pushed back against the gripframe and don't particularly care for either, I may see about making a spacer to fit between the gripframe and foregrip though to fill things in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
    I'd be allover this, the price is great and the item looks good, my only issue is how it may look on a full rail marker, I've seen it mounted in the other thread flush with the end of the rail and pushed back against the gripframe and don't particularly care for either, I may see about making a spacer to fit between the gripframe and foregrip though to fill things in a bit.
    This is my thought exactly.

I didn't think it looked all that good in the pictures either, I kind of think seeing it person changes your perspective, at least for me anyway.

I just got another batch of tooling in for the LPR, I think tooling is finally worked out.
    Friday all the materials arrived, brass and aluminum.
    I'm fully committed to the project, she wont be canceled.

I got the bid in for the two springs needed for the lprs, need some orders so I can get these made.

I will take 1 of each style. PM sent

I have been working 7 days a week 12 hour days for most of this year so far and yesterday and today is the first time ive been on here in a long time. I am really excited to see this moving forward, I am going on vacation the end of next month, but I will try and scrape up some money for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Arstron View Post
    I have been working 7 days a week 12 hour days for most of this year so far and yesterday and today is the first time ive been on here in a long time. I am really excited to see this moving forward, I am going on vacation the end of next month, but I will try and scrape up some money for one of these.
    Sweet, thanks for the support.

I would love to pick up one of each. Right now funds and projects are on hold for little while. Might see about selling some stuff to come up with funds.

Any news on this or your LC-Cheater?

No more work on the LC-Cheater will be done until this project is wrapped up.

I need to raise $1000 more so I can have the two springs manufactured and to purchase the few remaining pieces for the build.

Also, I'm trying to figure out the correct material so I can manufacturer the valve seals. I did buy some materials but they were incorrect, so I have to revisit that. I purchased 90 Duro Urethane and it is much too soft. I'm not versed in these products so it's slowing me down some.

I do have the aluminum to machine the body parts.

I did a prototype run of the valve stems out of aluminum and they tested out great, so I'm currently (as we speak) programming the production run of these in brass.

All hardware and orings.

These are the only parts that have been manufactured:

LPR oring carriers (brass) were completed last night.

The little aluminum parts are LPR tops, they finished up this past Saturday.

Last edited by luke; 04-30-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Finished up the brass valve stems yesterday.

Looking good Luke. Keep up the good work!

Tops are done (Minus the cosmetics)
    Stock is cut and first op is done for the bottoms (Upper left of picture)

I can't wait, so excited! Thanks for the pics

Got the machine set up and the program dialed in today, gonna hit it hard tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Got the machine set up and the program dialed in today, gonna hit it hard tomorrow.

i like your setup,
    i know it doesnt mean much from me,
    but that is icing on the cake for me

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i like your setup,
    i know it doesnt mean much from me,
    but that is icing on the cake for me
    I completely know where you're coming from, I love this stuff too that's why I post it. Some guys like seeing this stuff, some could care less. I can study pictures and videos of machining for hours on end.
    I thought this shot would be more interesting when I took it, but something is lost when you can't see all the movements, tool changes, coolant and chips flying. I tried doing a video when I was cutting the little brass parts but I don't understand the camera settings and it didn't work out. I didn't want to stop and fool with the camera so I just dropped the idea..

Please do post these. I find them fascinating.

Agreed! Love the pictures; not that I understand everything. I really enjoy seeing the creation and talent involved in transforming chunks of metal.