Thread: My family

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My family

I started this journey with a SL68 back in the early 90's. Then came the cockers. Then came the mags. Went all electronic for a while and decided to simplify life. So here's the family... (edited to reflect new configs)

My "x-ta-z" mag...

My former baby...

The new primary...

The loaner...

The z-mag is primarily for big games and scenarios. It has an X-valve, chopped classic RF body, Z frame w/ Luke's panels, Lapco T-stock, PTP foregrip on Luke's extension (milled a bit to fit the z-frame), scenario sling point, and Doc's cocker adapter to run the Edge barrel kit.

This cocker has been my baby for a long time. However, she's on her way out.
    My new CCM'd RF half-block is getting powder coated and she's going to be the new primary.

The minimag is my loaner. She's run with a PMI ceramic barrel. (Thanks, Cyco-Dude.)
    Last edited by bowcycle; 06-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.

edited for new configurations and better pictures.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    The minimag is my loaner and will probably be getting sold to fund a new build. She's run with a J&J 1-piece ceramic.
    i believe that is a pmi barrel, not a j&j. anyway, that is a good start...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i believe that is a pmi barrel, not a j&j. anyway, that is a good start...lol.
    You are correct. I never even knew PMI made a ceramic barrel. It was sold to me as a J&J and I never verified it. Thanks.
    I'll edit it accordingly.

It's great to see workhorses with practical upgrades. The Z-grip minimag is elegantly simple, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    The z-mag is primarily for big games and scenarios. It runs exclusively on a remote. I decided to run it straight into the valve and put the dropkick on the pump. I like it better that way.
    Do you use a coiled remote or one of those new microline remotes? I thought about setting up like this (except with a y instead of a z), but I thought the tug of the coiled remote on the right side would annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Do you use a coiled remote or one of those new microline remotes? I thought about setting up like this (except with a y instead of a z), but I thought the tug of the coiled remote on the right side would annoy me.
    be sure to get one of the covers for the remote line, it keeps the coils from twisting together.

Nice "family" you have. The "family" tend to grow pretty quickly...especially when you spend time on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    Nice "family" you have. The "family" tend to grow pretty quickly...especially when you spend time on this forum.

I have another family that has grown well enough to keep the PB one from going too far. Like I said, this was the edit down to the bare bones.
    I have been building a marker for my son and will post that one soon.

Apart from his, this is my main, my backup, and my loaner. I think that's enough.

Okay, so I wasn't as finished as I thought.

The chance came up to make some trades. My minimag looks a little different (sold the intelliframe and replaced with AGD CF frame), but I still have all the above markers.
    Here's what's coming into the family:

The frontblock and frame are gone. They're being replaced with a CCM EZ pump kit w/ 86* frame and CP on/off (hooray for trades).

The Palmers reg off the black pump will come over to this one and the bottom line off this will go over to the black pump.

I'm getting the body sealed because it's raw at the moment. When that's all done, I'll get new pics up of the whole crew.
    Last edited by bowcycle; 05-23-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    I use a coiled remote, but don't use a sleeve. The vest I use has a clip on each side so it keeps the coils next to my side. It never gets tangled or snagged on anything and it has enough slack that I can switch hands easily without odd pull.

Part of that may also be the stock. It keeps the marker solid so there may be a little bit of pull that I would notice if I weren't using a stock.