So, I thought that this post would be going into the tech section but I'm so happy it didn't turn out that way.
I took a risk on an all stock emag on Cl, the owner was asking $600 (Crazy High) and this was with the knowledge that the lowers did not function.
The problem the owner explained was the screen would turn on and he could cycle through the options fine, but as soon as he plugged in the hall sensor the screen would spaz
out and the marker would not fire. Given my little experience with electronic markers I just assumed that the board was bad and made him an offer ($200) with the thought that I would
be replacing the board. The owner accepted the offer, probably because he had done everything in his power short of replacing the board.
So, the marker showed up today. Upon opening the box I thought that I had bought a brand new emag straight from agd, the marker looks brand new. Here is the best part though, I took the grips off to inspect the board. Board looks clean, next I plug the battery in and the screen comes on with the sensor unplugged. Upon plugging in the sensor, the screen goes blank and when I try to adjust the options the screen flashes a diodes. Next, with the sensor plugged in, I push up on the solenoid plunger allowing some space. Now when I plug in the sensor the solenoid activates, but it would only activate once (not on the next trigger pull). So at this point, I'm stumped (maybe one of you has figured it out by now, but I'm a wee slow). Using Occam's razor to find my next step, I decided to take apart the Hall sensor. I pulled the sensor apart and using a allen key propped the sensor wire up away from its natural position. Now I plug the battery in and the sensor, (Ah sweet progres s) this time the screen stays lit and I can adjust the options with the sensor plugged in. But i'm still somewhat flummoxed.
Then all the sudden ding, I think well somehow the sensor is getting activated and not being allowed to reset! Like a fool, the first thing that pops into my mind it the the frame must somehow be magnetized from some source (click, click, gears a jamming, IT's aluminum). So in the end it turned out that a simple trigger adjustment to pull the magnet away from the sensor was the solution! And this is the story of my Risky emag, thanks for reading.