Thread: ninja tank size

ninja tank size

looking at getting a 68/4500 or a 77/4500 any thoughts on sizes?

One is bigger than the other?

What kind of thoughts are you wanting from us?

size, how bulky....to big to handle or what ever

what's bulky?
    do you have little T-Rex arms or orangutan arms?
    are your hands like a child's or can you easily palm a basketball?
    what tank sizes have you used before, as a reference to the size?

its better to ask, how much paint do you normally carry? its best to balance out the tank size with how much paint you carry, since it just sucks to run out of air when you have paint or vice versa. mags follow the rule of 15 shots per cubic inch at 4500psi. so use that and see where you are with paint and then you can judge the tank size.

I just got ninjas new sl tank and DAN compared to the bulldog 88 I was using it is very light so if weight is a concern i would suggest looking at the sl line

Get the Ninja Dura 77 SHP PRO and put a big drop on it. The bigger the better, you can RT longer during an extended game.

get a guerilla air 88. it's got a bigger width but is shorter than the ninja 77. the ninja 77 is longer than their 68. you can get the ninja shp reg and switch it out.
    Last edited by capt spank; 04-26-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    if you're using the tank as a stock, and you're not using a drop-forward, a 68/4500 will usually put you in the ballpark for comfortable reach. plenty of shots, not too bulky or heavy. if you have shorter arms, maybe get a 68/4500 with a smaller reg (myth is smallest, then ninja) or a 45/4500 tank. if possible, try them out on your gun and see for yourself.

im using SHP so i need a big tank right?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    im using SHP so i need a big tank right?
    hmm...on an rt? it still regulates it down internally. the higher output pressure really just resets the trigger faster no? anyway, you pay for all-day air. personally i think it's a non-issue, but i don't use that much paint (maybe 500 in an afternoon of playing) so my tank lasts me a while. we'll see how it is once i get my rt classic up and running.

I have a 45-45 right now

The size of the bottle depends on what you're doing. If you do a lot of big game/scenario stuff you would probably want a big bottle. If it's for rec use whatever you like. The only reason to have a bigger bottle with an rt is shooting 20+ bps can exhaust your air pretty fast if you're trigger happy

yea i got it for big games!!!