Thread: Slow cycling xvalve

Slow cycling xvalve

Recently got a used x valve and it seems to be cycling slow, had a ult in it and the bolt would take a second or so to recharge. I tried putting a rt on/off in it and it takes even longer for the bolt to reset, after I degas send and pulled the valve out it seemed like the rt on/off was wanting to push itself out of the valve(wasn't seated like normal). Any ideas? Thanks guys

using a ninja tank/reg with about 850 output, I also tried my 1100 output with the same resaults

Seems like something is restricting airflow. Would do a full tear down, clean and rebuild.
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

Is it on a standard rail and sear?

Also, make sure you have the credit card gap behind the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Is it on a standard rail and sear?

Also, make sure you have the credit card gap behind the trigger.
    in addition to what spider and drop said (both good tips)

i'd check the tightness of the body and the valve to the rail. sometimes they can come out of alignment, and the extra friction causes the bolt to have a tough time resetting. you almost always can tell this is the issue when you are having sticking issues, and a firm knock to the back of the valve resets the bolt.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    in addition to what spider and drop said (both good tips)

i'd check the tightness of the body and the valve to the rail. sometimes they can come out of alignment, and the extra friction causes the bolt to have a tough time resetting. you almost always can tell this is the issue when you are having sticking issues, and a firm knock to the back of the valve resets the bolt.
    On that line, rail bushings are a pet peeve of mine. I don't associate them with recharge problems, but chaos ensues when they are missing.

Do you mean the trigger comes forward, but the valve slowly recharges? Or do you mean it takes a while for the trigger to reset? A slow resetting trigger is caused by bolt stick and is the most common cause of issues like this. This is a symptom of a level 10 bolt that is not properly tuned.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.