Thread: Z Body/Z Barrel

Z Body/Z Barrel

Greetings AOers,

I'm letting go of a complete Galactic Systemz Z-Body with a corresponding Lapco Big Shot 0.697" ID "Z-Body" Barrel. Pictures here.

The barrel is spacious so that balls are allowed to continue their backspin, caused by the rubber nubbin that sits atop the breech, just before the powerfeed. The depth of the rubber nubbin into the breech (and therefore the amount of backspin applied to the shooting paintball) is adjustable by the chrome thumb screw. Here's what is included:

• Aluminum Z-Body (dust black)
    • Lapco Big Shot 0.697" barrel
    • Powerfeed with mounting screws (it's removable for easy cleaning)
    • Powerfeed plug (aluminum, some wear)
    • Original chrome hex detent
    • Kila magnetic delrin detent (cocker threads)
    • Rubber nubbin (still gushy and supple, stored in vacuum packaging when not in use)
    • Adjustable backspin screw & mount, with original pressure plate between adjusting screw and rubber nubbin

This body is definitely compatible with level 10 bolts (some adjustment to spring length may be necessary). However, I cannot personally verify that it is compatible with any other than classic AM/MM valves. I'm happy to post more pictures if anyone needs another angle, just let me know.

This body and barrel are in good shape. I picked the body up from going_home a number of years ago and had a lot of fun with it, particularly playing in large indoor fields. Combined with the consistency of even a classic mag valve, I was able to shoot ball on ball from across the largest indoor fields, far outside the range of everything except Tippman Flatlines (this was before Apexes came out).

I think I've used the body twice in the last five years, so it's time to make room in the gear closet. I wanted to throw it up on AO before listing it on eBay, but know that I'm pretty firm on the price given that the body and the barrel are fairly rare, and I'm offering a package deal.

Asking $250, but may consider best offers before listing for auction.

Edit: Saw the markings on the barrel. Interesting. There was an actual barrel that went with these as well IIRC. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I don't recall them being sold new with a barrel, but I could be wrong. The barrel I'm selling is definitely aftermarket, made specifically for this body.

the Lapco was specifically made for the Z body, since it was damn near the largest specifically made bore. the bore being so large helped withthe paint just riding the ramp and not the barrel. they were not marketed/sold together, but were intended to be used together.

Update: pulled from ebay, and no longer selling.

Decided to embark upon a new project. Pump Z Body mag.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 05-08-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Status change

/\/\/\/\/\ Wish there was a like button for this

Quote Originally Posted by fishmishin View Post
    /\/\/\/\/\ Wish there was a like button for this
    Check the armory for a pic. I just sent the rail and body to luke for milling, but assembled it with the rainman pump just to try it out to be sure.