Thread: Why Not Buy New?

Why Not Buy New?

Ok, I've got a question. Why buy a used RT Pro when you can buy new directly from AGD? I understand if the price is lower or it has custom parts or is annoed, but I've seen people asking $600.00 or more for used (with very little or nothing custom) when you can order one for about that price and it's brand new. I've also seen used black X-Valves up for $240 and they are $250.00 new.

Actually I just saw a new RT Pro on Ebay for $699.00. It does have a barrel, but is that a $100.00 barrel?

I'm not trying to start anything, just wondering if I'm missing something.

Asking and getting are two separate things. Follow and see if they actually sell or not.

So your saying in theory I could put together a gun on their website, place the order, and not get the gun? Wouldn't they just have to get the parts off of the shelf assemble and tune? Then put in a box and ship. I'm not in the market to but a new one or anything just wondering. I actually had just recently dealt with them. I sent them my Minimag just to go through it, reseal, etc. I was out of town coaching hockey and was invited to play when we got back. So I had to have them do it so it would be ready when I got back. I dealt with Dave through the whole thing, and he was great. He new I needed it back quickly, so I overnighted it to him and he went through it adjusted my trigger and also sold me a new air through grip (which I wanted).

If you buy from AGD you'll get your marker.

He meant the ebay sellers likely wont get their prices.

he was referring to the people selling used items. asking a high price and getting it are 2 different things.

Oh ok that makes more sense.

As you can probably tell I'm just getting back into the sport, and it's becoming addictive again. Went out last weekend with my RT Pro I bought from a guy on here. I'm 47, and it's cool to see the older guys admiring my Mag, and even some of the younger guys. My RT easily kept up with the electros. Next time I'm bringing my Minimag to see if I can keep up with all of the electros also. I'll just have to work a little harder and play a little smarter. I did get tired way sooner at 47 than U used to when I was 27 LOL.

Been seeing that a lot lately...complete stock guns and the seller wants way more that you can buy new.

The seller's on Ebay are hoping you don't know about a the AGD website.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    The seller's on Ebay are hoping you don't know about a the AGD website.
    Seems like alot of them don't!!

Most people know where to get the best prices on AGD stuff...
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    he was referring to the people selling used items. asking a high price and getting it are 2 different things.
    Bingo. The particular RT Pro that you mention has been listed and relisted for about 6 months now. Right now there are several AGD markers on Ebay that will sit for quite awhile until the owners realize they are simply asking too much. As for valves, unless it is a colored valve, they typically sell for <$200 unless it is in really pristine condition or perhaps an Emax or one of the rarer marked valves.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Seems like alot of them don't!!
    it's uncommon to see an rt or rt pro listed at the price you say. i think i've only seen one listed that high currently? most sell for 200-240; more if it's in working condition, has a level ten bolt or is all black. you can find them cheaper on forums or craigslist if you're patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    it's uncommon to see an rt or rt pro listed at the price you say. i think i've only seen one listed that high currently? most sell for 200-240; more if it's in working condition, has a level ten bolt or is all black. you can find them cheaper on forums or craigslist if you're patient.
    I feel like he means something comparable to the RT ULE Custom available at AGD/Tunamart for $500 or so, not a 2002 or whatever RT Pro (which are also awesome guns!). For the ULE Customs, he's right, I rarely see them listed used at sub-$400 or so. Usually more like $450-$550, and at that point, may as well buy new. I agree.

$600 is too much unless it has lots of fun custom parts, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Most people know where to get the best prices on AGD stuff...
    Bought my first new Tac One , and later a new Tuna-Emag from Bob.

Save a fish, buy from Bob !

AGD sells full ULE xvalved mags with the ULE trigger kit and intelliframe for $533. I bought one after i sold my old mag and they shipped it very fast. got it in 4 days. its a beauty and he sent me the chrono of the gun. its sitting pretty at 297-298. they were very helpful.