Thread: Which Valve is better? X or E?

Which Valve is better? X or E?

Like the title says, which is the better valve? Differences? Price check??

Thanks!!

Define better.

MOTY3
    They will both RT. the X is lighter as I believe only the back half of the E is Aluminum.

Is there a price difference?

I just don't know the difference between the two... Better? I have no idea lol

MOTY3
    I would think you could find an E for cheaper. The X Valves run around $200 used if you find one around $185ish I would call that a good deal. Either way you are going to want a Lvl X (10) bolt for anti ball chop.

X

X-Valves are lighter weight and come stock with Level 10 so I suppose that would make them better.

The E-Max valve is the same has the X? I thought they as the same, maybe they can with a different on/off

Emag valves are the same as the Retro and older RT valves. They have a SS valve with an aluminum regulator. X's are all aluminum and as mentioned came stock with a Level X. However, if you are patient, you can usually find a nice condition L10 E/Retro style valve in the $120-140 range while X's are usually in the $180-200 range. Also, some of the older Retros were not milled to accept ULT's while all the X's are. Not sure if the E's were or not TBH.

All of these will RT as mentioned since they operate identically. Parts are interchangeable.

My Emag valve only takes one o-ring at the base of the on\off - so no ULT. It's one of my most reliable valves that gives me the least problems.

I had an eMag valve that used two O-rings and had a ULT running with minimal tuning. So I guess they made both styles.