Thread: Another question for you Angel owners

Another question for you Angel owners

Alright - I cannot figure out what the hell is going on. When I pull the trigger on my 05 Speed, nothing happens. When I release the trigger, it fires. It's like Auto-Response, except it doesn't work when the trigger is pulled. I read the manual and found nothing about it. Anyone know how to fix this?

pull off the grips and examine the microswitch to make sure that its not broken AND that the microswitch isn't being blocked or pushed on other than the trigger.

also, back out the trigger screws so that the trigger. i have a feeling that the set screw is pulling when it should be pushing and vice versa.

Is the switch set up so that it is operating on the normally closed set of contacts instead of normally open set? Another setup would be if the marker has a custom board in it and it has an option to be programmed to operate on the release instead of the pull.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

east coast angel his prices r insane low

978 530 6747 ^ eca

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Is the switch set up so that it is operating on the normally closed set of contacts instead of normally open set? Another setup would be if the marker has a custom board in it and it has an option to be programmed to operate on the release instead of the pull.
    The board is a stock board. Also, it fires using an optical switch. A piece of metal on the back of the trigger activates an optical switch inside the board when the trigger is pulled.

Your metal strip on the front of your optical switch is probably bent in too far or your trigger is permanently set too far back. The optical switch works by blocking the light signal by pushing the metal strip back. The strip also has an opening part way in on the strip. If the strip is adjusted so that the light is blocked by the back of the strip when it is sitting in the static postition, then it won't fire when you push it farther back so that the optical sensor is shining through that hole. It will fire when you release the trigger so that the metal strip comes back to the blocked static position.

Adjust the position of your optical strip and/or your trigger so that it is farther forward and you should be good to go.

I'm hoping to find someone who will let me borrow their trigger so that I can take measurements and ensure that my self-manufactured metal piece is as close to stock as possible.

Just the trigger?

Actually, I just need to measure the metal piece that is attached to the back of the trigger, but I would assume that no one would want to remove that piece from their trigger, so yea, just need to borrow the trigger with metal piece attached.

I forgot that the triggers for the 2005 were different than the 2004. I am just realizing that now. I'm not sure if the optical sensor in the 2005 has the metal strip. I assume it does, but locates it slightly differently which is why the different trigger design is needed.

Ratt: What metal piece are you talking about? There is no metal piece attached to the back of the trigger, just the hook at the back which is part of the trigger itself. See picture: Name:  CP-ANGEL-SPEEDTRIGGER-2.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  24.2 KB

If the metal hook has been removed from your trigger, you should probably get a new trigger. If the metal piece you are talking about is the one on the optical switch, then you can use your own trigger to figure out the dimensions needed. If the metal piece on your optical switch is missing, you should probably get a new switch.

The metal piece I am talking about is on the trigger itself. This is the trigger that I am talking about:

Name:  trigger.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  53.2 KB

There are some weird metal rivets/posts that hold the metal piece to the back of the trigger. You can barely see them in the photo.

Name:  trigger copy.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  53.4 KB

I will take another look at the optical switch, but I am pretty sure that it is good. I may end up buying a new trigger, but if I can make my own metal strip as close to the stock strip as possible, I may be able to save myself $20. I made a strip using the brass insert from a 5.56 stripper clip. I just need to cut and trim it to match the stock strips' specifications. OR, if someone has one of these triggers, and could tell me what the angle of the bend is, and how long the strip is after the bend, that may be enough for me to fix it.

I see now. The trigger I referenced may be an aftermarket one.

That bend angle looks to be about 45 degrees. You can make minor adjustments as needed. The rivits on your trigger should come out with some persuasion.

Yea, I was able to get the rivets out and used them to mount my homemade metal piece.