Thread: You gota love it

You gota love it

Come back
    Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base? GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it? GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children? GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers. GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you? The radio went silent and the interview ended.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

ha, that was a pretty badass response

BAD ASS!

. . . . . are you?

LMFAO!
    ......You know you want one!!

If true, it would be a humorous response, it does not look like it actually happened though.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/reinwald.asp

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cosgrove-...erviewer.shtml

If it happened, then that is amazing.

Well it looks like it could have been a hoax, but damn if it really happened I'd put that Gen. up for promotion. I've known my share of Marines, haveing spent 7 months in the desert with them during Desert Storm, and could well believe such a remark being make by Him. I believe that anyone who thinks ignorance is bliss when it comes to guns and kids is just a disaster waiting to happen. And they'll scream for more gun laws when some unschooled kids kills themselves or someone else because they were never taught proper handleing of firearms. I got 2 kids and never had to put a lock on any of my firearms because I started them learning when they were big enough to sholder a chipmunk rifle. Knowledge can be dangerous but ignorance is worse. How many of you have had to yell at some noob to put their mask back on until they are clear of the field? Or yell at the field owner to put goggles on to test fire a marker in the test range. Still I'd like to think that the story was true because the armed forces take safety with firearms VERY SERIOUS! Enough on that subject.
    One tale I know to be true was a female news caster introing the weatherman after it was supposed to snow the night before and it didn't, "Well Bob wheres that 8 inches you promised me last night?" The whole set shut down because everyone from her to the teleprompter was laughing to hard to continue.
    Anyway Semper Fi!