Thread: my opinion of LL7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

my opinion of LL7

I had big expectations for this game and while meeting with the other AO members and talking with Simon and Bud Orr made the trip alone worth it I actually found the game it self to be a bit disappointing.

1. This is a 2 day event with almost less play time than a single day of play at a normal game. Saturday play time noon - 5 Sunday 8-noon with the final battle of 1 hour and factor in the long walk to and from respawn. They should have forward operating bases that you can spawn at if the flip flag is your color.

2. The paint was great the crap then great and back again

3. Registration is ridiculously long even with pre-registration. If you are expecting more than 2000 people have more than 4 registration windows and have some for those that did pre-register.

4. On the first day horde was having to walk threw a pit of mud soup right our of the spawn and I am fine with some mud but this was over and over again and could have been easily fixed with some plywood or pallets from the giant pile by the camp site "suggested" but not important enough I guess.

I am glad I got to make it but I think we could have done a more enjoyable game for everything as a normal meet up and play without the big event. Was fun watching 4 of you trying to get that classic rt going but you got it
    Last edited by Syko89; 05-21-2014 at 06:14 AM.

and I am greatfull they got the level 10 working. I quit chopping paint and just kept blowing it in the barrel after that.

I know they cant help the weather but I agree they could have tried to put something down to help keep us out of the 8 inches of mud and water. paint was crap, the only thing consistant about it was both kinds was crap. I mainly went to meet the guys from the forum and say I'd been. now to make it to Tunaball

Yeah - 2 hour wait time was lots of fun. But really, the fun was in hanging out with friends I haven't seen in a while. In terms of scenario games - this really didn't feel "scenario" enough. The whole missions thing was either downplayed quite a bit, or they didn't do much, or we were so in our own world that we never bothered to pay attention.

I didn't have a lick of problem with paint all weekend, all my guns shot flawlessly (though I think the Alias needs a little bit more tuning).

I didnt have any problems with the paint either day (marbs)

I had some barrel breaks but that was because of my level 10

My largest complaint is the spawns being so far back

There needs to be controllable spawn points where you can spawn if your team controls the point, just something to reduce the time/walk distance

It just took way too long and was way too muddy to be effective

More than a few times I would spend 15 minutes getting respawned and get shot as soon as I got close to action

Very demotivating/exhausting
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

The final battles where great but overall the rest wss dispointing. We should try meeting up for a big game at hells survivors.

Ps great meeting every one!

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    The final battles where great but overall the rest wss dispointing. We should try meeting up for a big game at hells survivors.

Ps great meeting every one!
    No offense, but I think HS has some of the same issues. Personally I like the CPX field better.

I wasn't able to make it this year, but it sounds like mostly the same recurring problems. It's a big field and they do need to figure out a way for easier/quicker respawns. First year I went it was mid 90's and I was so dehydrated after the heat and long walks that I was getting leg cramps. As mentioned I've had similiar issues at other large fields though. They used to have transports that helped a little. Seems like there should be a solution.

I don't know where you got noon to 5pm from. We were on the field until 6:45 pm shooting any thing blue that moved.

Yeah,

Very low turnout for both teams for the dinner battle on Saturday. I think BT said there were only maybe three or so AO players on the field for that one. It was pretty epic, nonetheless; in some ways better (in my opinion) than the final battle, since the lower turnout made it more about shooting opponents you could see, and less about simply dodging 68-caliber raindrops, as on Sunday.

That said, Sunday was much more hilarious in terms of the party atmosphere. Someone simply has to have either video or photos of the five or six guys in lawn chairs passing a pump and randomly shooting into the melee.

Friday was a stinker. One of the most disheartening pb-related days ever. Mud up to your eyes and no letup of rain. I agree, the paint was horrible both days, and both kinds. Evil was slightly better, but not by much. Both my mag and my Axe, neither of which have ever broken (good) paint, both broke paint of both kinds, though all were barrel breaks. Some of the Marbs were broken in the bag fresh off the truck. I dropped three balls by accident from about knee high and all broke on the pavement.

I was talking to Robbie on Sunday about it, and he said he'd had no issues with the Marbs, only to break some as we walked to the staging area. Robbie, correct me if I missed something there.

But on a bright note, we did get to play with Bud Orr on Sunday.