Thread: bob long gear drives on eBay

bob long gear drives on eBay

dust and gloss black and gloss red. But at $100 a pop...no thanks

Sad part is he may get it for them. I can't comprehend why BL stopped making these. They were always sold out as fast as stores got them!

I've heard a few times that they were discontinued. I also heard once that they were only going to be available on BL markers and not separately. But yeah it's the internet, so who knows?

They have been discontinued for years according to ansgear. I have been on the look out for a while. They get scooped up pretty quickly. I'm with OPBN, I don't understand why BL doesn't sell these anymore.

These things are a machining nightmare. I took one apart to send in for anno and I can see why they stopped in favor of the cam design. A lot of little parts and those gears are milled into the front cap. I love direct mount asa's and these are by far the best. I scored one for $15 a couple weeks ago, lol. $100 is way too much in my opinion. I have never paid more than $40 for one.

I've 2 of them and both work very well.
    I'd like to get 1 or 2 more but sure not for $100 !

Oddly enough there a few listed on BL website for sale, the shipping was something on the order of $18 though. I don't know if they are actually available or not.

http://www.boblongdirect.com/Product...e=Gear%20Drive

UPDATE!

I called Bob Long (TO ORDER CALL: 209.293.4440) and they said they have them some in stock, Black and Dust Black with Silver being available soon. I guess they are not discontinued!

People go nuts over those gear drives? Really?
    Almost every player who plays at my local field usually has their BL ASA's in pieces in an attempt to fix them. I've seen people having nothing but issues with them.

I've got 4 of them and never had a problem with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I've got 4 of them and never had a problem with any of them.
    That's great news! They seem sleek and streamlined, and I guess that's the attraction to them. I don't have a issue with the ASA's personally as I don't own one. I'm just speaking of what I see on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho;
    UPDATE!

I called Bob Long (TO ORDER CALL: 209.293.4440) and they said they have them some in stock, Black and Dust Black with Silver being available soon. I guess they are not discontinued!
    Good news, I'll have to pick one up...doubt they will replace my mini cp asa's though

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Good news, I'll have to pick one up...doubt they will replace my mini cp asa's though
    Just can't beat the cp mini pro on off. So small. And light. And easy to use.

The Bob long looks nice. But just appears to be potential headache. And that price!